Monday, November 3, 2008

gone wild!

perfect weather for Animal Kingdom on Saturday!


so kind of him to pose for me by his sign huh? ;-)



safari!




these guys are so camouflaged, it's almost hard to see them! there are three!


mamas and babies playing in a mud bath!


my favorites, of course -- the white-cheeked gibbons.



big kitties!







toucan!!




see that? in the bushes? the elusive anteater!! she is almost never awake & moving around, but it was almost time for her to go in for the evening.

10 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, November 03, 2008 10:28:00 PM  

wow Dawn! Beautiful pictures!!! I've never been to Animal Kingdom.

kreed Monday, November 03, 2008 11:23:00 PM  

We LOVED Animal Kingdom! I am impressed you saw the anteater...we were there 3 different times and didn't catch even a little glimpse! And I was so taken with seeing all of the animals there (and keeping a baby form bouncing out of the safari jeep!) I didn't get decent pictures, so I think I'll just use yours in my scrapbook! Just kidding!

Disney was so fun - I totally understand why you love it so much!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:06:00 AM  

Hey, these are from the day after we left.

Rub it in, why dontja.

Janet Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:50:00 AM  

That's one scary looking bird!!!

Colleen Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:30:00 PM  

Wow D- Can I cally you that? Those photos are awesome! Loved the tiger and the hippo best ;-)

Scott Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:23:00 AM  

Damn fire ants, I need to look into adopting an anteater. Will have to check the local rescue shelters this weekend.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:31:00 AM  

lilfootsmommy: If you go on the right day (overcast, on the cooler side), you see SO many animals. They move around more when it's not sunny & hot outside.

kreed: I know where she hides when she's sleeping! ;-) So I saw her asleep every time I walked by but she tends to be most active first thing in the morning & then around 4:30 when she knows she gets to go "backstage" for the night. =) By the way? If you click on the photos, you can get through to my Albums online. I've had a couple of friends download some Disney photos for scrapbooking purposes if they missed something or a photo didn't come out. I share well!

Joe: Sorry...

Heather: Thanks!

Janet: Which one? I am assuming you mean the Saddle-Billed Stork and not the Toucan? The stork was beautiful in real life. =) So colorful!

Colleen: You sure can! (There's only one nickname I *hate* and I would let you know if you called me that. ;-) D is fine!) The hippo was tough because I was bouncing along in a safari jeep. There was actually half a woman who moved into my photo right as I took it, but luckily I was able to crop her out (mostly except for one time piece of her arm in the upper right) & still have a good shot of the hippo! They are usually totally underwater!

Scott: Pest control *and* entertainment!

gail@more than a song Thursday, November 06, 2008 1:15:00 AM  

Those turned out so great! And it did look like a perfect day. That tiger seemed to be looking directly at you!

Bickley Friday, November 07, 2008 5:02:00 AM  

Very nice pictures! Love the tiger.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP