Tuesday, November 25, 2008

::blink::

::blink blink::

on Friday, i brought two pairs of pants to the cleaner. they are new & needed to be shortened just a bit. i expained that i needed them to be a half inch shorter & that i would need them back by Tuesday.

today is Tuesday. i just went to pick them up. i was just told...

...nothing was done to the pants. because they were already the length i had requested.

ummm...

the pants are already a half inch shorter than they were when i brought them in to be shortened?

really?

i guess i need to find two more pairs of pants to bring to California with me tomorrow. and a pillow to scream into.

13 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:41:00 PM  

Argh -that was probably quite frustrating, but it's kind of funny too!! Strange.

Rebecca Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:50:00 PM  

Two things:
1. I HATE when I drop things off to the dry cleaners and they don't come back the way they were supposed to (your case in point!) OR...dont come back at all! I've lost some of my favorite things to the dry cleaners....

2. THANKS for the shoutout on thirtysomething bloggers. I wondered why I was getting hits from there, and I saw you were being focused! Very, very cool. :) I feel the love and same back at ya! :)

Have a good trip!

Jeanne Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:19:00 PM  

That is so strange. You are finding another dry cleaner when you get back right?

Nichole M Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:05:00 PM  

I would love to have seen their expression when 1/2 in shorter does not equal the way you brought them in. Morons.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:01:00 PM  

Oh no! Good grief, there's some sharp people working there! Sorry about your pants :(

Ted D Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:59:00 PM  

Magic Pants!

Have a great trip to California, Dawn!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:39:00 PM  

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, you must be so frustrated. But it really made me laugh!

mimiscraps Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:10:00 PM  

LOL! How frustrating!

have a very Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Ingrid Thursday, November 27, 2008 11:15:00 PM  

Just wanted to wish you a very, VERY happy Thanksgiving! I'll send some of that NE love your way!

Anonymous,  Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:47:00 PM  

i WISH i could find a good dry cleaners. i brought a pair of pants in, went to pick them up, and saw that there is a spot on them. they are cream colored pants. cream colored pants! i brought them in to be cleaned and now there is something on them? how does that make sense?!?!?

ps. how are you doing? miss seeing you around the blog. you are my only faithful reader! :D

Bickley Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:36:00 AM  

You obviously stepped through a time warp. You're lucky you didn't go back before you dropped them off. Then they would have been saying, "What pants??" :-D

Michelle Quinno Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:58:00 PM  

LOL! That's why it's good to have a live in tailor (my mom). Have a great trip!

kreed Wednesday, December 03, 2008 10:49:00 PM  

So I probably shouldn't be laughing hysterically at your trauma but OMG! that is funny! People never cease to amaze me. I hope you found some pants to tkae on your trip and that you have a fabulous time despite the incompetent dry cleaners...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP