Thursday, July 17, 2008

stormy weather

every day this week, my commute home has looked like this:

and the sky is getting darker as we speak. i leave work in 35 minutes.

safe to say that drought we experienced for a month is over. ahhhh... Summer in a tropical climate. hot, humid & monsoon-ish.

18 with their own thoughts:

Redbeard76 Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:13:00 PM  

Meanwhile, it's rained only once or twice briefly in the past 3 weeks here and the brown spots in the soccer field across from me are growing daily. Funny how that works. But enjoying the nice weather up here anyway.

CelticBuffy Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:49:00 PM  

We finally got some rain here after no rain for almost a month. The weather is just screwed up anymore. Those who don't need the rain get too much, and those who need some don't get any.

Nichole M Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:15:00 PM  

Poor windshield wipers! But seriously, it's no wonder you guys have gigantic bugs. The weather is truly prehistoric. I'll take my little desert bugs any ol day.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:26:00 PM  

Redbeard: We were getting a little brown here, waiting for the daily Summer rains to start. Everything is growing like crazy now though! Green everywhere! Like a jungle!

CelticBuffy: It was dry here until about a week ago, but all this rain is definitely the norm for us in Florida this time of year.

Nichole: Good thing I just had new ones put on last weekend! I hear ya on the bugs though. Ick.

Jeanne Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:52:00 PM  

I hate it when that happens on the commute home. Everyone is in a hurry, visibility is ziltch and it's just nasty. And no relief from the heat either. YuK. Hope your drive was safe.

J-Dawg's Realm Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:41:00 PM  

Looks like Wisconsin the entire months of June and July!

Julie Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:42:00 PM  

That is just crazy. I hate to drive in rain like that.

Ted D Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:04:00 PM  

The Dad in me just screamed "Put down that camera while you're driving, young lady! ESPECIALLY in the pouring rain!"

You guys have had your fill of droughts, so maybe it's a good thing.

You be careful.

gail@more than a song Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:36:00 PM  

We're having the hot and humid but no rain, and we need it. I think it's rained one good time in the last 6+ weeks.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:52:00 PM  

I only dislike rain if I have to be out in it, but you're right - commuting in it is not fun. I remember those days well. However, I'd trade you in a heartbeat. I'm going to have to run the sprinklers most of the morning tomorrow (Fri) since it's so incredibly hot and dry here. I can't remember the last time we had rain, wait, it was the day we went to the movie and came out with no umbrella! So almost two weeks since we've had a drop.

Hope your drive in and out are dryer tomorrow!

*krystyn* Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:04:00 PM  

Eeeks!! Drive careful. I don't like driving when it's coming down like that.

JMP Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:10:00 PM  

Dawn....FREE CAR WASH!!!!!!!!

mimiscraps Friday, July 18, 2008 1:49:00 AM  

We had that here last week, now it's just hot and sticky! We're supposed to get more! Send it our way! Love the monsoons?! Do you guys get the lightening storms too?!

Heather Friday, July 18, 2008 8:39:00 AM  

dont worry Ted D...i am guessing Dawn was stopped at a light or something b/c she is the SAFEST driver i know!
we are supposed to get rain (I am sure not like yours seeing that I am in no threat of tropical storms such as yours, hoping you are staying safe during this season) however I would rather they only happen at night so not to ruin our beach days. we have been having a blast there. we can definately get today and tomorrow in before the rain is schedululed to arrive.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 18, 2008 9:05:00 AM  

Jeanne: I hate it too. And it rains harder down here than it ever did when I lived up north. Makes driving conditions like driving in a blizzard white out on a sheet of ice, between the lack of visibilty & the hydroplaning. Not to mention the small lakes that form in the roads with no warning when the water can't drain away quickly enough.

J-Dawg: It should be like this here daily almost every day from July through the beginning of September.

Julie: I hate it too. I already stayed at work an additional half hour but it showed no sign of improving & I didn't want to spend the night at my desk!

Ted: Breathe. I was stopped at a light. You can even sort of see it just above the blue car in front of me.

Gail: Do you guys typically get the requisite afternoon thunderstorm all Summer up there too?

Stacy: I love the rain as long as I am home. And no commute on Friday! I took my last vacation day before my anniversary rolls around (use it or lose it vacation policy) so I have a nice long weekend! =)

Krystyn: That makes two of us.

JMP: How did you know that's the way I see it?? ;-)

Mimi: I like it when I am not driving in it. And lightning? They claim that where I live is the lightning strike capitol of the world. Not sure if that's true or a bit of exaggeration but suffice to say we have no shortage of lightning here.

Heather: You know me so well! LOL! I hope you have good beach days!

J-Dawg's Realm Friday, July 18, 2008 4:00:00 PM  

Ahhhhh yes Dawn -- I remmeber the days when I lived in Homestead. i could almost set my watch by the 3pm thunderstom...and 30 mins later it be sunny again (ok, not every time but more often than not)...Oh the memories of the daily carwash LOL Sure did help with the june-bugs -- that and Easy-off oven cleaner (on the windows that is!)

Ted D Friday, July 18, 2008 8:56:00 PM  

//Ted: Breathe. I was stopped at a light. You can even sort of see it just above the blue car in front of me.//

Sorry, instinct took over. ;) And Redbeard video'd his entire commute to work one day, so I've got an exscuse.

gail@more than a song Monday, July 21, 2008 8:32:00 AM  

There have been times in summers past that we get an afternoon storm, but not usually every day and this year we've had almost none where I live!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP