Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Friday's Feast: July 15, 2008



Feast One Hundred & Ninety Six

Appetizer
When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
about two & a half weeks ago. got it highlighted too, if you were curious.

Soup
Name one thing you miss about being a child.
recess.

Salad
Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
olive oil. unless i am baking in which case i follow the recipe to the letter.

Main Course
If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
most likely German. i know a *very* little bit already from hearing my grandparents speak it when i was a child. and also we learned a little when i was in fifth grade. why? because it's part of my heritage.

Dessert
Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
...still in my thirties? i have learned the hard way not to get too far ahead of yourself with the "life plans".

13 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:47:00 PM  

I'm the same way with German! Heard my Pop-Pop speak it when I was a kid, took classes in hs, but still only knows basics. And I want to know MORE!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:50:00 PM  

Great feast :) Love that you're planning to still be in your 30's in 5 years, LOL!

Michelle Quinno Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:54:00 PM  

ha! Nice feast. Love the dessert! Recess was a great answer too.

p.s. LOL on the hangover comment. I am about the same as you on speaking Spanish.

*krystyn* Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:08:00 PM  

I miss recess too, but right now I really miss naptime more. LOL!!

Nichole M Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:12:00 PM  

Are you still on board with the whole learning German with your friends plan for early '09? So far, it's me, Daniel, Steven, and Dad...

Ted D Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:42:00 PM  

I think all jobs should come with a 30 minute recess.

Dawn Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:56:00 AM  

I wish I were still in my thirties! My least favorite part of the work day is recess duty! I guess when you are on the other end it is not as much fun.

I took German in high school for a couple of years (30 years ago) and I spent a month in Germany on an exchange program. I would love to learn a little more German. My son wants to learn German too!

take care,
Dawn

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:36:00 AM  

April: That is so cool that you grew up hearing it too!

Stacy: That's about the only thing I can safely say for certain! LOL

mamichelle: Isn't it funny the things you remember?

krystyn: Ooooo... naptime. That's right up there too!

Nichole: I suppose that depends on the details...

Ted: Yes, in *addition* to lunch.

Dawn: Now see recess *duty* still qualifies as working. I don't want recess duty. I want to actually be on recess. LOL

Colleen Wednesday, July 16, 2008 3:30:00 PM  

Dessert- Tell me about it! ;)

Mega Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:39:00 AM  

Friday feast on a Tuesday? My world has been turned upside down!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:42:00 AM  

Colleen: I knew you would understand! ;-)

Mega: And you commented on *Thursdsay* so what's your point? =P

Anonymous,  Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:54:00 PM  

Yeeehaaa for Recess! mine comes every day at 1pm when Ava takes a nap!

My grampie taught me 'merry christmas' in German, but that was about it... i think it brought back too many bad memories.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:23:00 PM  

Keri: You job deserves a recess so much more than mine does! =) I am just whiny. *You* need the break. I used to call my Gramp "Grampy" sometimes too. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP