Monday, July 7, 2008

can't they both just lose?

this is pretty much how i felt yesterday, only replace Girardi with me (minus the bulging neck vein that made me fear we were going to witness a live aneurysm), and the ump with the Sox bullpen (in particular, a closer that i believe equated himself with Mariano Rivera back in Spring Training, someone who was going to "set the bar as one of the premier closers in MLB," someone who just recorded his fifth blown save of 2008, not to name names).

(Yahoo! Sports)

seriously. what is with giving up leads?! and what is with pulling out Wakefield when he's cruising along nicely, knowing the crapstorm of hell formerly known as our bullpen? and what is with (oh, how this pains me...) having Tek pinch hit for Cash (who actually had an extra base hit & an RBI)? and WHAT is with Manny, striking out on three pitches, but not once lifting the bat from his shoulder?!

and what is with Lugo making a leaping catch & turning a clutch double play, then working his way on base & coming around to score the fourth Sox run? i have to admit, i was *terrified* of what he would do to cost us the game after making two successive contributions that actually helped the team (fear based on the Lugo Laws of Relativity: for every good action done to help the team, there will be an event of equal and opposite reaction to undo the existence of the good action), but thankfully he was benched before that could happen... and i'm not even sure how thankful i am, since the substitution of Tek (oh, Captain... ::sigh::) resulted in not bringing across a run & Cora Lugo'd all over the infield anyway -- it was like they were possessed by Lugo or something.

and what is with me having *anything* positive to say about E6?!

i digress.

i should have never made that crack about not losing a road series. you'd think i would know better by now than to attract the eye of the baseball gods.

the quandary now is... i cannot root for the Yankees and i cannot root for the Rays, so where does that leave us on Tuesday & Wednesday?

11 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, July 07, 2008 3:32:00 PM  

Dawn, this habit of giving up leads is starting to worry me. We had our foot on their throat Sat and last night, and just didn't finish them off.

Good to get them back to Boston, though. Hopefully home is just what they need.

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 4:26:00 PM  

P.S. This has nothing to do with your post, LOL, but I tagged you for (what I thought) is a very deep meme! I can't wait to read yours!

Nichole M Monday, July 07, 2008 4:42:00 PM  

*MY* neck vein was bulging. It started as soon as Tito pulled Wakefield, because I knew what was to follow.

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 5:16:00 PM  

"i cannot root for the Yankees and i cannot root for the Rays, so where does that leave us on Tuesday & Wednesday?"

In hell...

Anonymous,  Monday, July 07, 2008 6:29:00 PM  

... It leaves us praying that the stadium collapses, Samson-style, on *both* the Yankees and Rays on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ingrid Monday, July 07, 2008 11:23:00 PM  

I almost feel guilty about how excited I get when Joba and Youk are going head to head. Was I the only one who clearly saw Youk screaming "Horse S**t!!" after that pitch that went behing him?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:02:00 PM  

Ted: Pitchers duels involving Matsuzaka worry me too. Especially when they involve asking Jeemer to come in with two on & one out. I'm glad we came out on the right side of this one.

April: I saw it in my Google Reader but I haven't had a chance to compose it yet. I have a couple of tags to work on but I've been crampy & blah the last couple of days.

Nichole: I know what you mean. I *still* don't know what made him do that.

blue state: You said a mouthful there.

Daniel: Preferably Tuesday. ;-)

Ingrid: I saw it too but I think Sox fans are immune now. Youk screaming obscenities (and that one was mild LOL) is as normal for us now as Manny making dandelion chains in left field. There is definitely no love lost between Youk & Joba though. And after seeing Youk go mental on dugout equipment, I am not sure that's a fury Joba wants to find himself on the other end of.

Ted D Friday, July 11, 2008 2:13:00 PM  

::knocks on computer screen. Is this thing broken?::

Just checking in to see if you were OK.

Julie Friday, July 11, 2008 8:04:00 PM  

Hi Dawn! :)
I don't speak baseball.
Just wanted to say hello.

Bart Friday, July 11, 2008 9:57:00 PM  

I need you to do me a favor...get Pedroia to shave. He looks ridiculous. Especially since one side clearly grows thicker and faster than the other.

mimiscraps Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:46:00 AM  

I know it's not baseball - but I gotta know what you think of all this Favre business (i have the article posted on my blog!) I am scratching my head!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP