Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Friday Fun: October 18, 2006

courtesy of Friday Fun

for lack of anything to ramble out, i think i will dig into the stash of old meme material i've been hoarding for a while... yes, i am aware that it is not Friday. i am fervently wishing that it would be & there we are...

Friday Friends

1. Do you have regular get togethers with your friends? What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
define "regular" lol... Alison comes down once a year. Heather comes down once a year. i go back to CT once a year...
2. Do you think men & women can truly be just friends?
sure they can.
3. Do you have a “best friend”?
yes, i do. the best one ever... could not live without...
4. What are the 3 must have qualities for a friend to possess?
want me to be happy even if they do not necessarily agree with my decisions. allow me to be there for them as much as they are for me. be able to *laugh*.
5. What are the deal breaker qualities that will cause you to not be friends?
self-centeredness. back-stabbing. be "a Thing".

Friday Foolishness

1. How patient are you with the foolishness of others?
well that depends. who is being foolish? and what kind of foolishness are we talking about? if it is someone i love & they are saying something foolish (like for example: thinking that they cannot talk to me about what's bothering them because i will be annoyed or don't have time), then i have all the patience in the world to make them feel loved & secure. *but* if it is just someone not paying attention or goofing off when they need to be serious & get the job done, my patience dwindles rapidly. do not waste my time with inefficiency, ignorance & immaturity for very long!
2. Do you find pettiness to be mildly annoying or does it make you want to slap some sense into people?
i think we waste too much time on being petty. there are bigger issues to devote our time & energy to. sure. we all have our petty moments, but when they become the rule & not the exception, it really makes me want to slap some heads.
3. Do you know people that so much like to be the center of everything that they will make something out of nothing?
YES. thankfully, i determined their toxicity & have ceased associating with them. =P

Five Fridays

Name 5 favorite…

1. TV shows?
Friends. Boston Legal. Grey's Anatomy. Sex & the City. PTI.
2. foods?
mashed potatoes & gravy. honey balsamic chicken. ice cream. Italian pasta salad. virtually *anything* on the buffet at Biergarten.
3. things to do?
email with some very special people. go to Disney World. play with my camera. go to California. watch the Red Sox.
4. online stores?
ummmmm... i can't tell you the last time i shopped at all, online or otherwise.
5. online haunts?
Blogger. a whole pile of blogs i frequent using Bloglines. RedSox.com. Fox Sports. and i almost always have my Gmail open.

Fridays Past

1. When you were a kid heading to school, what did you most look forward to?
being able to see the friends i didn't get to see over summer vacation.
2. What was your favorite subject?
anything related to English or vocabulary or spelling. i also started liking history when i got older.
3. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Ms Norton. junior year English. she spoke her mind & said the most un-PC things to us. she was hysterical. unconventional. maybe insane. but *effective*. man, did we learn in that class.
4. What did you like the least about school?
MATH. and assigned reading.

Friday Favorites

We are music-themed this week!!

1. When you are having a slow morning, is there a particular song that gets you going?

no, not really. as much as i love music, i don't think i have anything that really makes me get up & move.
2. What is your favorite kind of music?
no one particular kind. i like all sorts of music. it's all about lyrics first & sound second. it just has to make a connection with me.
3. What is the last song you heard?
"Far Away", Nickelback
4. Do you and your significant other have A Song? What is it and why?
::coughcough::
5. Do certain songs bring back memories for you? Give us an example!!
sure! one example: "There's More to Me Than You", Jessica Andrews. i'll let the words speak for themselves...

I spent years and all this time
Thinking I was better off 'cause you were mine
You always said it was your way or the highway
So I'm shiftin my life into drive
I'm getting out, kissing the past good-bye
Like Toby said, "How do you like me now?"
This conversation has run dry
And I keep telling myself

There's more to me than you
Don't underestimate what I can do
Well I'm alright, it's okay
I know I'll make it through
'Cause there's more to me than you

I'm not saying I'm battered and bruised
But I might as well be with the words you used
I believe in myself, that makes me stronger
Things changed and so have I
I'm gonna make hay while the sun still shines
You can clip my wings, but I'm still gonna fly
I'm on my own and on my way
And I keep telling myself

There's more to me than you
Don't underestimate what I can do
Well I'm alright, it's okay
I know I'll make it through
'Cause there's more to me than you

There was always something that meant more to you than me
And I'm just sorry it's taking this for you to see

There's more to me than you
Don't underestimate what I can do
Well I'm alright, it's okay
I know I'll make it through
'Cause there's more to me than you
There's more to me than you

1 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:54:00 PM  

Yay! Grey's Anatomy. The morphine scenes from last week were just too funny.

It's lucky that we have the same five favorite things to do. :-)

*Great* lyrics to that song!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP