Saturday, February 13, 2016

This Week on My TV: February 13, 2016

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(The Blacklist, 3x14 Lady Ambrosia) You know this "weird families in the woods with wild children" seems to be a recurrent theme for this show. -- Red at the DMV, looking around in distaste at "that petri dish of humanity." LOL (That's how I feel about work.) -- Good Lord. I thought Liz was going to burn the waffles, not burn the building down trying to make them. -- Oh, Tom. You *idiot*. -- Red looks positively heartbroken by Liz wanting to give up her baby. -- Dogs. For Glen. BAHAHAHAHA. -- I bet Lizzie is grateful for Red's protection now that it saved her butt once again. -- I had a working theory that the teacher to whom Red paid a visit was Lizzie's mom. Her accent. This file Red was after. The mention of him bringing her daughter back. What she said about loving her husband despite what he did. And then that story Red told Liz about her parents, about how, though it pained him, he thought Lizzie's mother's true love was Lizzie's father, no matter what he had done. And then I realized it was just more red herring parallels, because Anya was the teacher's missing daughter and her husband has obviously put their daughter up for "adoption," sending her to creepy Lady Ambrosia. Rats. -- CARNIVOROUS BUTTERFLIES?? -- That little kid who found bloody Tom in the shower is likely scarred for life now. Way to go, Tom. -- Lady Ambrosia: Who the hell are you? Red: Her fairy godmother. I hear it's her birthday. We've come to celebrate. -- Hmmmm. That file Red got from Anya's mother said ROSTOVA. I wonder what we're going to learn about in there...and when. -- It's looking more and more like Liz isn't going to be able to go through with giving up her baby. -- I have a continuity question. This episode supposedly took place right after the previous one, based on Tom just finishing that big job, right? So how did Liz go from not looking pregnant to looking noticeably pregnant in that amount of time?

**(The Big Bang Theory, 9x15 The Valentino Submergence) Raj: You say that like it's easy. Have any of you *ever* broken up with anyone? -- Howard: Sorry, but too hot is the only temperature I come in. ... O.M.G the shimmy. Am I laughing? Am I horrified? -- Amy [to the Fun with Flags caller]: No, I just blink a lot. It's not Morse Code for 'rescue me'. -- Bernadette [after Howard got bit by the rabbit they saved from their new hot tub]: Well, why'd you put your finger near its mouth? Howard: Poor judgment obviously! -- Howard: When I sat on the mute button and thought I'd gone deaf *that* was my hypochondria. -- I thought Sheldon was going to propose to Amy when he was being so sweet at the end. Guess not. -- OMG OMG BERNADETTE!!! A little nerd baby!

**(Downton Abbey, season 1) After finishing the first season, I have some thoughts. -- Characters I really like: Anna, Mr Bates, Matthew, and Lady Mary. -- Characters I definitely do *not* like: Thomas, O'Brien, Daisy, and Lady Edith. -- Violet makes me laugh. -- I feel like Carson and Mrs Hughes would be very fair to work under, but I'm a little scared of Mrs Patmore. -- I cannot believe the Crawley's dress like that for dinner every night! -- Like Carson, I have a soft spot for Lady Mary. I can't imagine the pressures of balancing who she is expected to marry and why with how she feels. And despite his cool demeanor, I think Matthew has genuine feelings for Mary as well. -- My heart nearly broke for Mr Bates and Anna. -- I cannot decipher why some of the help is referred to by simply their last name, others get a Mr or Mrs before it, and still others go by their first names.

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:30:00 PM  

I could echo over half of your comments from that episode of Blacklist. And I told Tim as soon as we finished it, wow she went from not knowing she was pregnant to looking 5 or 6 months along! Great editing job, guys! I saw the actress on a talk show and she's definitely pregnant in real life and said there wasn't really any way to avoid it with her character, she couldn't hide behind a desk or put a file folder in front of her belly for months, so they had to write it in. It definitely throws a kink in things.

And oh my, I absolutely love that you've started and appear to be liking Downton! I've watched it from the very beginning and let me tell you, it's incredibly hard to wait a year for each new season. Binge watching is much better, I'm sure! You're pretty spot on with the characters you like and dislike, but I will tell you this, if you keep going, give Edith a chance. She's really grown on me, or else Julian Fellowes has decided she's to grow on me :)

Happy watching!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:41:00 PM  

Stacy: I can't even imagine how they're going to spin this story, if Liz keeps her baby after all. I would *love* to see Red holding a baby though!

I do enjoy Downton very much. I didn't really worry that I wouldn't (I've heard so many good things about it). I just didn't want to spend the money on iTunes, with it not being on Netflix. The library has been a great resource though. I have to wait a little bit, until the next season is ready for me to pick up, but nowhere near like waiting between television seasons! I'm already over half done with season two and I'll definitely share my thoughts on that soon (maybe in the next TV post!), but Edith has had her moments where she isn't *so* bad. I keep watching her with suspicion though. LOL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP