Sunday, February 14, 2016

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2016 - Week 6

Checking in for the week of February 7 through February 13.

WHAT I READ |
The Dark Tower (Stephen King) - I made a little progress, but not as much as I would have liked, what with being stricken with a cold all week.

WHAT WE ATE|
We decided to get subs from the Publix deli for Super Bowl Sunday. Monday, T made up some goulash. Tuesday, we had pork chops and, despite being under the weather, I tried a new recipe for Broccoli Blue Cheese Bake, which was good, but I've already changed the recipe to increase the amount of blue cheese, since neither of us could really taste it at all. We also had Tortellini Florentine Soup one night, and made calzones on Friday.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Merry Cookie (BBW)
Celebrate Christmas (YC) - I realize it's long past Christmas, but this is still an excellent winter scent. And it's a completely unexpected combination of fruit and spice. I love it!

French Vanilla (YC) - Total classic and one of T's favorite.
Snow Is Glistening (YC) - I love this one in the bathroom. Like fresh air with a hint of baby powder.


WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
I wanted hot chocolate. What I got instead was hot honey lemon water. Being sick, thumbs down.


Huge jet, circling low. (It was a military plane performing landing and takeoff exercises at the nearby regional airport.)


Ash Wednesday.


And thus concludes a short sick week, because no one wants photos of a mountain of used tissues.

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, February 15, 2016 5:49:00 PM  

Hope you are feeling better and that there are no huge mountains of used tissues laying around any longer!!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, February 15, 2016 10:14:00 PM  

Almost better, Krystyn! Down to just a lingering cough and an occasional tissue today. Shouldn't be a problem by the weekend! =)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:25:00 PM  

Hope you are a lot better. When I'm sick, I'm much more indulgent, so I definitely would have picked the hot chocolate over the honey water. But good for you, I hope it helped and you're on the road to feeling a lot better. I am going to go check out that broccoli recipe, blue cheese sounds intriguing over broccoli!

Feel better and have a wonderful day :)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:37:00 PM  

Stacy: I was concerned about having anything too creamy while I was fighting through all that congestion. The hot honey lemon water was probably more helpful for breaking things up, plus it was soothing for my throat/cough. If it didn't actually help me feel better, I'm not sure I would have opted for it over the hot chocolate. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP