Thursday, February 18, 2016

Around Here: February 18, 2016

Current longing? For the EPCOT Flower and Garden Fest menus to be released already, so I can plan and drool in anticipation. I mean, seriously. The Fest starts in less than two weeks. We should have these details by now!

Current craving? A Steak 'n' Shake Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip milkshake. I saw it announced on Facebook earlier this week and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Current disappointment? It's only Thursday. I kid you not, I've legitimately thought it was Friday at least half a dozen times today and it's presently only 2pm. No fair.

Current peeve? People. Yep, that's it.

Current procrastination? Cleaning the bathrooms. I really should have done this on Monday, but Monday was being very Monday-ish and I was still getting over a cold. Tuesday...didn't feel like it. (Honestly, is this something anyone ever "feels like" doing? Doubtful.) Wednesday, I had an evening Lenten service at church. And here we are on Thursday and I know it just needs to get done already. Adulting is not my favorite.

Current ear worm? Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me." I don't know either. I think my subconscious is serenading Friday.

Current favorite? The weather. 60s and 70s during the day. 40s and 50s at night. That "National Hate Florida Day" thing everyone shares on Facebook 4,722 times each winter? Now is when you should hate Florida. It's glorious.

Current anticipation? Hanging out at WDW with Krystyn (and family) on Saturday!

Current need? One of those Men in Black flashy mind eraser things. I use a glass water bottle for work that I fill at home instead of the yucky bottled water my employer provides that tastes like plastic or water cooler that maybe hasn't been cleaned since it was installed (gag). About a half hour ago, I noticed something I couldn't identify sitting in the bottom of my water bottle. No clue how long it was in there. WHILE I WAS DRINKING. If I don't survive, it's been a pleasure. I'm so grossed out.

Current confusion? Carrot cake flavored Hershey Kisses. In fact, I don't understand this whole trend of making one food taste like a different food. I don't mean peanut butter or raspberry or mint. I mean other actual foods. If I wanted a piece of carrot cake, I would eat...wait for it...carrot cake.

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Sunday, February 21, 2016 5:41:00 PM  

Are the menus out yet? Are the menus out yet?! :) I hope so, I so look forward to your trips to these special events at Disney :)

I *SO* wish we had Steak and Shake here, we love it but there's not one in our part of the state (closest is over 3 hours away). Please tell me that shake is as good as it sounds!

I dislike cleaning bathrooms too, especially in the winter when it's cold. I'm too cheap to let the water get hot in the sinks, tub, etc so my hands end up freezing. Ugh.

Um. Hope you sanitized that water bottle! :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, February 22, 2016 9:50:00 AM  

Stacy, the menus just got released over the weekend! I've been browsing and making my lists in anticipation.

We have plans for Steak n Shake this coming Friday and they better have that shake on the menu. ;-)

You better believe I scrubbed the dickens out of that water bottle! SO. GROSS.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP