Sunday, February 28, 2016

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2016 - Week 8

Checking in for the week of February 21 through February 27.

WHAT I READ |
The Dark Tower (Stephen King) - Just over 300 pages to go. Jury duty on Monday. I can see the light at the end of this month long tunnel.
The Ambassador's Daughter (Pam Jenoff) - I've been squeezing bits of reading on my lunch break. Really looking forward to actually digging into this one soon!

WHAT WE ATE|
Sunday, we did up some sausage burgers and topped them with provolone and roasted peppers. We balanced that, on Monday, with some tilapia, wild rice, and zucchini. Tuesday, I did up some Turkey Pot Pie Soup, using up the frozen turkey leftovers from Christmas dinner. Wednesday needed to be quick since the Lent service starts at 6:30; grilled cheese worked perfectly. We tried out a new recipe, Bacon Scallops with Garlic Butter Sauce, on Thursday; we served it with some angel hair, to catch every drop of that sauce and found it really tasty! We had a Steak 'n Shake date on Friday, because I just had to get that black raspberry chocolate chip shake...so amazingly delicious.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Hollyberry (YC)
Snowflake Cookie (YC) - I'm really not sure how this one is any different from the classic Christmas Cookie scent, but it's vanilla and smells like cookies, so I'm not going to complain.
Hazelnut Coffee (YC) - Makes the house smell super yummy.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
The new scallops recipe plated up rather pretty!


Every bit as delicious as I had hoped.


Date night!


Finally well enough to indulge in that homemade hot chocolate I've been wanting.

7 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:16:00 PM  

Now I want a milkshake from Steak and Shake. And one of their delicious greasy burgers. Yum!!!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:20:00 PM  

Do you guys have them up there, Krystyn? (I really want another one of those shakes. Black raspberry ice cream does not get nearly enough attention down here. Not like it did up in New England!)

*krystyn* Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:23:00 PM  

Yes we have S&S...it's about 15 minutes away and we don't go often, but they are oh so good. I kinda want to ditch Spin and Yoga tonight to go eat there....yikes. But I won't...maybe we will have to stop over the weekend though.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:35:00 PM  

We don't go often either. Maybe once or twice a year? It's a good little splurge every now and then though.

penuttpie Saturday, March 05, 2016 11:19:00 AM  

I just love these peeks into your daily life 🙂

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, March 09, 2016 5:46:00 PM  

Lots of delicious sounding and looking food! You know the food posts (and photos) are my favorite! I *SO* wish we had a Steak n Shake here. The closest one is about 3-4 hours away. Sigh. That shake looks awesome, you definitely need to go back and get another one if it's a limited time only thing :)

I've very nearly gotten out of my candle phase. I tend to burn them only 3-4 months a year, when it's colder. I'm very sad to say that we are rapidly warming up here. 70's this week and 80's forecast next week, so spring is definitely around the corner if not already here. Sigh. I miss our not-as-hot time of year already! :) I know you can relate!

Glad you are feeling better! Take care :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:29:00 AM  

Stacy: The one thing that keeps me burning candles all year long is that, when the house is closed up tight for the warm months, it starts to smell stale after a while. I like fresh, clean scents, or bright, fruity scents when it's warm out!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP