Saturday, August 29, 2015

This Week on My TV: August 29, 2015

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(The Astronaut Wives Club, 1x08 Abort) The Betty and Gus daydreams were pretty tough to watch, but it was good to see Betty being tough about the cover-up of what happened. -- Did Louise seriously change her niece's name from Judy to Alice?? -- Louise: Please keep your voice down. Trudy: Loud, soft, it's all bad! Louise: Trudy, they were the same age, in the same grade. It was confusing. Trudy: So's calculus but you don't just start calling it algebra. -- I am so sad for Rene and Scott. I wanted their marriage to work. -- Alan Shepherd's "slow. the hell. down." speech was applause-worthy.

**(The Astronaut Wives Club, 1x09 The Dark Side) Jo gets Wally back and loses her son. It must have been so hard to feel like you're always worrying about the safety of someone you love. -- This was a real eye-opener about divorce in the 60s. -- Poor Rene, with Bobby Kennedy's assassination. -- OMG LOL: Louise, Alan, and the hippies. I don't think there could be a more anti-Louise situation for her to be thrust into. -- Alan: I think when you sign up for an adventure, you take everything that comes with it. Lousie: I think there's a difference between an adventure and recklessness. Alan: And that's the difference between an average life and an extraordinary one. -- I totally bawled when Betty gave Jo the "hole in the fence" as a going away gift.

**(The Astronaut Wives Club, 1x10 Landing) Max!!! I've decided what his appeal is and it was the 70s look that made it clear for me: it isn't his looks, it's his voice. (I totally have a thing for voices.) I'm so glad we got to see him one more time though. -- Ohhh! Annie's stutter is so much better now. -- Trudy: We're all different people now. We changed. And we changed each other. There's no going back. -- Oh man, I loved the ending montage, narrated by max, with Neil Diamond's "Holly Holy" playing. A great choice of song. Not overused and perfectly fitting.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP