Sunday, August 16, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 32

Checking in for the week of August 9 through August 15.

WHAT I READ |
Ahab's Wife: Or, The Star-Gazer (Sena Jeter Naslund) - Well now. I am officially disturbed by what just took place in this book. Kind of hoping we're done with *that*.

WHAT WE ATE|
We decided to have crab cakes and I found a recipe for remoulade that I wanted to try...so, so good. Grilled cheese sandwiches -- T put ham on his, I like a slice of tomato in mine. T made some baked spaghetti -- another huge recipe that makes extra to stash in the freezer! And we roasted a whole chicken, with stuffing and carrots alongside.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Pink Sands (YC)
Oceanside (YC) - Is there anything that scream summer more than the scent of the ocean?
Margarita Time (YC) - I've smelled, burned, and enjoyed my fair share of summery scents and citrus blends. This is by far one of my favorites. It was definitely lime, but not just lime. It was like someone had brought out a tray of frozen blended lime drinks and set it on the table.
Grapefruit (YC) - Just a very cheerful, zippy little scent, that was bit off the beaten citrus path.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Don't be fooled. That clown fish is a real jerk.


Pastel.


It's pretty difficult to argue with a day that starts out looking like this.


There's a storm brewin'...


This light, though.


Meet my newest obsession. It's like I'm eating pumpkin cheesecake for breakfast.


8:06pm...


...8:11pm...


...8:15pm. Gosh, these Florida skies.


Baby ice cream.


First attempt at churning homemade ice cream. This is not a process for those requiring instant gratification.


Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky...Stormy weather


Raindrops on windshields.


Rootbeer float. Because my husband indulges my whims.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP