Sunday, August 2, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 30

Checking in for the week of July 26 through August 1.

WHAT I READ |
A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway) - Having an angry eye has really cramped my evening reading. By the time I get to bed, my eye lasts maybe 10 minutes and then it's too tired to focus anymore. I will say this, though: boy, are these two main characters clingy and needy!

WHAT WE ATE|
Grilled chicken wraps. Chicken Alfredo Lasagna (so decadent, but so so good). Pork loin, wild rice and my Gram's Pickled Beets.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Honeydew Melon (YC)
Juicy Watermelon (YC) - It falls somewhere between authentic fruit and artificial candy, but it still smells like summer either way.
Grapevine and Oak (YC) - Light and very fresh, not at all what I would have guessed. There are some earthy notes, some green notes, a very subtle woodsy undertone, and a light sweetness of immature grapes on the vine warming in the sunshine. I could close my eyes and almost place myself in a vineyard, among the growing grapes and vines..
Ocean Star (YC) - Very aquatic and "spa-like." Probably the only place it works is in a bathroom, though. I wouldn't want the rest of my house to smell that way.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Someone wanna come put my clean laundry away for me? I don't feel like adulting.


Missing.


Warfles.


Gram's pickled beets. Making my heart as happy as my mouth.


Someone make this for me? YUM.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP