Sunday, August 23, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 33

Checking in for the week of August 16 through August 22.

WHAT I READ |
Ahab's Wife: Or, the Star-Gazer (Sena Jeter Naslund) - At last, the past has caught up to the present (in the story) again. This is such a strange tale.

WHAT WE ATE|
Bay scallops and angel hair. Flank steak, Thai sweet chili noodles, and brown sugar glazed carrots. Kielbasa, sauerkraut, and pierogies. Barbecue chicken, cheesy potatoes, and cucumber salad.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Pink Sands (YC)
Fruit Fusion (YC) - Smelled like a package of Starburst...but you could only smell the candle if you sat on top of it. Bummer.
Honeydew Melon (YC) - This one is my quintessential summer scent. It just makes me happy.
Beach Walk (YC) - When I read the scent description, it made me expect something totally different than I got. More flowers and musk than salt water and tangerine. ::shrugs:: Oh well. It worked in the bathroom where I had it lit.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Made me think of leopard spots.


Triple chocolate chunk.


Served.


Electric clouds.


Funny little sunbeam.


Bertha.


Strictly prohibited.


Jungle Cruise totally suits my sense of humor.


There is a hole in my Dole Whip.


So sticky and not a breath of breeze stirring, but I'm at WDW so I win!


These look like delightful children. ::insert wide-eyed emoji here::


Welcome, foolish mortals.


Sky on fire.


NO KIDDING!


Glow.


The fireflies make this my favorite scene in Carousel of Progress.


Paging Mr Morrow...Mr Tom Morrow...


Wishes by ferryboat.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP