Sunday, April 26, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 16

Checking in for the week of April 19 through April 25.

WHAT I READ |
Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Joanne Fluke) - Another fun installment with Hannah, Norman, Mike, and the gang. I really enjoy this series. It's lighthearted (for a murder mystery) and the plot always pulls me along. It's definitely brain candy, but the characters are so familiar at this point that I can easily overlook the lack of "challenge" and simply enjoy the book for what it is. I had the motive figured out pretty quickly. I just needed the "who." I started to suspect a couple of chapters before it was revealed. Overall, a satisfying read.
Moving the Chains: Tom Brady and the Pursuit of Everything (Charles P. Pierce) - Plugging away at this one, but I can tell you right now: I don't appreciate the author's baseball snark.

WHAT WE ATE|
I had a hankering for rigatoni with sausage and roasted peppers. This worked out well, since T had a hankering for Ring of Meat, which used up the remainder of the roasted peppers. We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. And we were long overdue for a flank steak, which we served with broccoli and Thai Sweet Chili noodles. T did some barbecue chicken on the grill, which we had with corn (from the freezer) and we roasted up the rest of the potatoes with some seasonings. Friday night was a casual date night at Steak N Shake. Yum!

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED|
Got my hairs trimmed and that's about it.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Vanilla Cupcake (YC)
Lavender (YC) - I'm picky about my floral scents, but this one I like.
Blue Hydrangea (YC) - This is another I enjoy. It's an old one that I am finally burning. It manages to be both floral and clean-smelling.
Strawberry Buttercream (YC) - Berries and cream...dreamy.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
It was a pretty crazy cloud week.






Wee pineapples. Squee! My husband is the pineapple whisperer.


Soft and dreamy.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP