Sunday, April 19, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 15

Checking in for the week of April 12 through April 18.

WHAT I READ |
Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Joanne Fluke) - I would have had this one finished, if I hadn't accidentally forgotten it on my desk at work one night.

WHAT WE ATE|
I had some chili leftover in the freezer, which made for a hearty and simple dinner. We made some sausage burgers which I love with roasted peppers and a slice of provolone. T did up some kabobs (marinated chicken, some baby potatoes, mini sweet peppers, some onion, and some grape tomatoes) and we served that over some wild rice. And we had pork chops (grilled -- T takes his bone-in, I prefer boneless) with some carrots and some coleslaw.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED|
Finally got a good stack of magazines out in the recycling. Baseball season on top of keeping nearly current with tv shows is cramping my progress. Summer awaits though.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Vanilla Cupcake (YC) - I love me a good vanilla scent.
Fresh Mint (YC) - This one is very light, more green than minty, sort of like smelling a mint plant.
Vanilla Lavender (YC) - Soft and soothing, heavier on the vanilla, but definitely still some lavender.
Coastal Waters (YC) - Fresh and clean.
Clean Cotton (YC) - Dryer sheets!

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Soup-salad-and-breadsticks lunch date. The pasta fagioli is my favorite.


Salted caramel mountain in my ice cream.


They look like snow leopard spots.


This series of books I read has the best covers.


You know you've been playing too much Two Dots when you notice this glass near the copy machine at work and start mentally rearranging them while you wait for the copier to warm up.


It had been way too long since my last milkshake. Mmmmocha.


Looks like a giant pineapple!


This lil guy hangs out on the window ledge outside the bathroom in the evenings.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP