Sunday, April 12, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 14

Checking in for the week of April 5 through April 11.

WHAT I READ |
Goodnight Nobody (Jennifer Weiner) - This book had more twists and surprises than I gave it credit for being able to pull off when I first cracked the cover. I liked the main character, Kate. There were parts of her with which I really identified (other qualities, not so much). The story lagged a bit from time to time, and there were some scenes that were probably meant to flesh out the characters so more, but they felt unnecessary to me. It was an easy read, though, and the story was satisfying...except for one. nagging. unanswered. question. That lack of resolution made the book a 3-star rating instead of a 4-star. I don't handle dangling threads well.
Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Joanne Fluke) - Moving right along to the next book on my list, since I am two books behind schedule on my Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge goal. This is the fourth book in this series and they are usually an easy read.

WHAT WE ATE|
Easter dinner was delicious. T roasted a turkey breast, and we had deviled eggs, rolls, buttery garlic green beans, and mashed sweet potatoes with citrus -- bright colors, tons of flavor. There was keilbasa, sauerkraut, and pierogies one night. And to use up the rest of the Easter turkey, I did my turkey pot pie soup. Our easy meal was grilled chicken wraps; I put shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and honey mustard on mine and it's just so good.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED|
It's been getting increasingly warm here, to which my productivity has a directly associated decline. I just want to be inside where it's cool and to generate as little additional heat as possible. I did manage to de-clutter one drawer this week. I didn't even manage to cross anything off my "fun list." I really ought to tackle the good ol' stack of magazines, if I'm going to be hibernating again, and I should probably get back to my morning "living room workouts" now that it's far too warm for our after-work walks. Otherwise, I will become a giant slug.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Red Velvet Cupcake (BBW) - Almost...done...
Beach Wood (YC) - This is such a strange scent to try to describe. It's a little fresh and a little floral. I only like it in small doses.
Meadow Showers (YC) - Oh how I love this scent. It's like a spring morning with your windows wide open to the fresh new day. Which, of course, I cannot have in reality, because it is now summer by Florida's standards. This helps.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Easter...moonlight service, anyone?


A technical mess of a photo, but the dawn's early light was breathtaking and the light had turned green and I had to snap and go.


The sun came up just as our Easter Sunrise Service concluded. "Bursting forth in glorious day!"


Happiest flowers ever.


Easter dinner.


These clouds just look, to my eye, like they're flying by.


Sweet music to my ears. Red Sox Opening Day!


Dewy dill.


Eety beety starfish (and a lurking shrimp).


Cloud touchdown! (Do you see it?)


Tranquility.


"Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom."


I'm not particularly drawn to roses, as a rule, but these were so interesting and bright. I had to pause on my way into the library to admire.


Building stuff. Always building stuff.


Real life: every once in a while, we're lovin' it.

2 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:45:00 AM  

In the cloud pictures, did you notice the heart shapes? :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP