Saturday, July 5, 2014

This Week on My TV: July 5, 2014

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!



**(Elementary, S2E24 "The Grand Experiment") "A game of cat-and-mouse is afoot." I'm not sure anyone without a British accent could pull off that line. -- With Mycroft "dead" and permanently in hiding, Joan moving out, and Sherlock accepting an offer to work for MI-6, I am very curious to see where next season will take this show.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E24 "Fear (of the Unknown)") If anything is an omen of crisis on this show, it's a weather report proclaiming that it will be a great day, in the first scene of the show. -- I still can't wrap my head around Mer and Der leaving for Washington DC. (Apparently, neither could Mer.) --  I kinda love grown-up Mer. ... Mer [to investigator]: You're the boss out there. I'm the boss in here. Get out of my way. -- I keep feeling like I know the new head of cardio, Maggie Pearce, but I searched the actress, Kelly McCreary, and the only thing she's been on that I watch(ed) is Scandal, and I can't even remember her character. I wonder if she's sticking around. -- Cristina gave Alex quite a compliment: You'll never be as good as me, but you're very, very good. -- Catherine Avery: There's always going to be stupid people. There's always going to be accidents. But that's what defeats you. It's the fear. -- I loved, *loved*, the scene in the supply room where Catherine gently pep-talked April. It was such a departure from her usual brisk, hard-edged personality, to see her being nurturing. -- I totally, unashamedly, cried when Cristina told Mer she didn't know how to say goodbye and leave, that she needed Mer to help her. And again when Mer shoved her in a cab for the airport with an "I love you." -- I approve of the way they're writing Shane off the show, going with Cristina, taking charge of his education and choosing to go with his teacher. I really wonder about Murphy, though, just walking out the door. -- Cristina telling Mer "you make me brave" killed me. Because I get that. My people make me brave. -- Cristina: You are a gifted surgeon with an extraodrinary mind. Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun. *You* are. -- And there's the answer to Callie and Arizona's family expansion problem: they're going to use a surrogate. -- I honestly love this: That's how the world changes, good people raising their baby right. -- We never did find out what was causing the hearts of all the kids in that family to fail...did we? -- Wait. Weber is recommending Bailey for Cristina's board seat, but she left her shares with Alex? -- Cristina [monologue voiceover]: Whenever we think we know the future, even for a second, it changes. Sometimes, thefuture changes and completely, and we're left only with the choice of what to do next. We can choose to be afraid of it, to stand there, trembling, not moving, assuming the worst that canhappen. Or we step forward, into the unknown and assume it will be brilliant. -- Oh. My. Holy. Heck. MAGGIE PEARCE WAS GIVEN UP FOR ADOPTION BY ELLIS GREY. WEBER AND ELLIS HAD A BABY?! -- Loved the closure for Cristina. Loved it. Best send off for a character this show has ever done.

**(Motive, S2E6 "Bad Blonde"It's girls like this killer, Heather, that give male-female friendships a bad name. Calling Gordon at 4am, waking up him and his wife, because she murdered her boyfriend. Making him help her with the body, using his car. Looking up how to dispose of a dead body using Gordon's phone. Leaving Gordon with the responsibility of dismembering the body. And then implicating him with the murder she committed?! With friends like that? Well, you know the rest. -- I am endlessly amused that every tv show's social media platform is called My Face. -- At one point, the killer said all she knew about killing someone was what she'd seen on tv, but then shouldn't she have known to look under the car to see the trail of blood they were leaving everywhere they drove? And that they would be able to tell she scrubbed her apartment with bleach? And that they can tell if you go to a hardware store to by plastic sheeting and duct tape, especially when you use your credit card? -- Angie: Time of death? Betty: Somewhere between there's nothing you could have done and don't beat yourself up about it. -- Once again, I didn't see the twist coming. Just as I was feeling bad for Gordon that Heather stuck him to take the blame for the murder she committed, it turns out he faked the My Face page with the photos of the victim and his ex to make her jealous enough to dump Jake, because he was in love with her. He just didn't plan on her killing Jake. Just desserts, I guess. Moral of the story: be very careful when you play games.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP