Thursday, July 10, 2014

Currently: July 10, 2014

This week at the Broken Road house...

Watching... the Red Sox, despite their epic struggles this season. I just can't quit them. I also have some shows languishing on the DVR. A couple episodes of Dallas from the first half of this season. The finale three episodes of this season's Once Upon a Time. The season finale of Reign. Most of the Mad Men episodes from the final season's first half (I'm watching slowly and savoring). And most of the first season of TURN. I guess that's all more like *not* watching (or "should be" watching). I better get to it soon. The summer shows are in full swing, and before we know it, it will be the start of the new television season again.

Wearing... my Sox Addict t-shirt and some comfy capri pants.

Eating... spaghetti and meatballs. We're down to the last three packages from big batch I made and froze. I'll need to be making more soon. It's really so much easier to do a whole bunch at one time, and have a stash ready to go in the freezer.

Wishing... nature would stop conspiring against my poor basil. Specifically, hungry caterpillars. They must find those tender leaves very tempting. I just planted this batch and a very hungry caterpillar has one of them stripped down to only two remaining leaves. Long story short, I discovered him...and he is no more. (I maybe looked a little psycho in the driveway when I found him. And that's all I have to say about that.)

Feeling... grateful. Overwhelmingly so. This is typical for me. I get so bowled over by how good -- really, really *good* -- my life is. I hope never lose this quality. I don't think one can ever be to aware of their blessings.

Missing... people I care about, people I once thought I knew (I guess I just miss who I thought they were?), people who are long departed from this world. I miss a lot of people, all the time, I guess, in one form or another. Sometimes I miss T when he's just in the next room. When I love, I love fiercely. It's a lot of emotion. It makes me miss people easily.

Craving... cooler weather, a vanilla milkshake, some time at Disney World, snuggling a tiny baby, and San Francisco.

Wondering... if the Youth Movement on the Red Sox will prove out as interesting as it's been the past two games.

Dreaming... of rolling hills, old red barns, even older stone walls, tiger lilies, and winding country roads. They're like comfort food for my eyes. The landscape here is so very different than what I knew, growing up. It's not that it's less beautiful. It just doesn't have the deep-seated familiarity to it.

"Currently" is a weekly link-up, hosted by Ot & Et.

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:25:00 PM  

I'm totally with you on the feeling grateful and the missing people ones. Deeply. I am so nostalgic these days, missing my parents, my dog, and sort of grieving a lot of things. But, at the same time, feeling utterly and completely grateful for so many blessings. It's a weird combination, but it's nice to know I"m not the only one!

Hmmm... must be a Libra thing?! : )

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:53:00 AM  

Stacy: Maybe because Libras crave balance...? The missing and the gratitude kind of act like opposite forces, so they balance? I mean, you can't miss something for which you aren't grateful at some point, right?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP