Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Girl on the Other Coast: December 8, 2012

Next installment of the joint blogging project I've been doing with G! It was my turn to pick a topic, but I have been too busy to give it much thought, so I went with something super simple: a snapshot of our current playlists. I thought it would be a especially fun, since there was bound to be a seasonal twist to our musical choices right now.

Curious what I'm singing along with in the car these days? (Humor me. Pretend you're curious.) Take a virtual voyage to Little Italy and find out!
******************************

My playlist at this time of year is always Christmas music! I just love it but can only listen to it once Thanksgiving has passed. It seems inappropriate to listen to it until then (this means YOU stores that put out the holiday decorations when I'm still looking at Halloween candies!).

My absolute favorites are:

O Holy Night - I sang this as a duet at a choir concert my senior year and to this day it still gives me chills
Little Drummer Boy - A.D.O.R.E.
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - the classic version only please
All My Bells Are Ringing - Lenka - This is part of a collection called "The Hotel Cafe presents...Winter Songs" and it quickly became one of my favorite Christmas cds
Silent Night - I love all versions but the one by Priscilla Ahn done on the above cd? Unbelievably good. All a cappella. All amazing.
Away in a Manger - I sang this in 1st grade as a little angel at the Christmas pageant. I wish there were pictures as I can totally remember it. Oddly enough, the classic version is not my favorite. But Operatica does this fantastic hip, electronic-style version that makes the oldies a new one again
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - 98* version. Don't judge. There rendition also gives me chills.
This Gift - Also by 98* - hey, I may have been a bit obsessed with them during their heyday. A poppy but sweet Christmas song about love being the only gift you need. True dat.
Anything off the Josh Groban "Noel" cd - And I mean anything. Basically anything by Josh Groban period. His voice is so dreamy. And his Christmas song renditions? Make me cry.

Merry Christmas Music Listening!
********************************
(edit to add mine)

My current playlist is heavily seasonal with a couple of other songs tossed in that I've been loving lately! I have fairly eclectic taste in music--anything from pop to country, instrumental piano to singer/songwriter. My playlist is all over the place. I love the classic Christmas music, along with more contemporary original songs. Any time I hop in the car, I plug in my iPod, pull up this playlist and hit shuffle:

1. O Come, O Come Emmanuel (Enya)
2. Mistletoe and Holly (Frank Sinatra)
3. Take a Walk Through Bethlehem (Trisha Yearwood)
4. Jingle Bell Rock (Brenda Lee)
5. Breath of Heaven (Amy Grant)
6. Oh Christmas Tree (Jim Brickman)
7. Come Thou Long Expected Jesus (Daniel Renstrom)
8. The Christmas Waltz (Frank Sinatra)
9. The Christmas Can-Can (Straight No Chaser)
10. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Amy Grant)
11. Christmas Time Is Here (Sarah McLachlan)
12. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (Bing Crosby)
13. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Martina mcBride)
14. Made to Be Free (Tim McMorris)
15. Home (Phillip Phillips)

1 with their own thoughts:

Lovebug6100 Monday, December 10, 2012 1:02:00 PM  

I love 98 degrees christmas cd...and that sing is spectacular. I like their version of Ave Maria too!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP