Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peace

Late last night, I was washing up some dishes and reloading the dishwasher. T had long since gone to bed. The television was off. The house was softly lit and quiet. As I went easily about my tidying, I kept catching views of the tree, standing in the dining room, at various angles. Its beauty actually stopped me several times, as I would catch myself paused in suspended animation, staring at its glow. A half dried pot in my hand, dish towel extended but still. I was mesmerized by the reflections in all directions. Instead of making yet another mental note to "photograph the Christmas tree at night," when I turned out the kitchen light, I picked up my camera.





And in these photos, I have captured the peace I feel in the wonderment of simple things.

2 with their own thoughts:

Lew Friday, December 14, 2012 1:22:00 PM  

Nicely done! We have a wall mirror near the tree, but I don't think I can get both the window and mirrow in the same frame.

penuttpie Friday, January 04, 2013 3:46:00 PM  

These are such pretty pictures. And your word choice? Peace? That's what I felt this year too.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP