Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: Reflection Questions

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Oh man. Husband. House. There is no way to choose one adventure we set sail on this year over the other!

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Planning the wedding. I do not make decisions quickly and I do not enjoy drama. Weddings come with a truckload of both.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Getting to hug some old friends after far too many years.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Well, we sure didn't expect the transmission on T's truck to bite the dust a month before we needed to drive it to Virginia to get married.

5. Pick three words to describe 2012.
Busy. Adventure. Transition.

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2012 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Hee! I have a spouse! Lunatic. Humorous. Bride.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2012 (again, without asking).
Homeowner. Husband. Sawdust.

8. What were the best books you read this year?
Far and away, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
T. Nichole. Daniel. Alison. Heather.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
I went from fiancee to wife in September!

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I definitely feel myself getting more patient and mellow as the years go by. (A statement I suspect will lead a few people to want to check me for a pulse. Hee.)

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Not so much. I've been feeling a little...off...within my church. I'm just not a fan at how they are slowly cutting out all the old traditions and creating a very "Oprah-esque" atmosphere to (what is supposed to be) the Traditional Service. It's incredibly alienating.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
My hair is longer than it's been in more than fifteen years!

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I have worked hard to make sure my relationships survive, despite distance and change.

15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Decorating it for the seasons and holidays. It's so much fun to have a new space to work with.

16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Staying on task with my cleaning schedule. I need to find a good rhythm.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Ha ha ha. Internet.

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
More reading!

19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
People intent on causing drama will cause drama. It's up to me to not allow myself to get sucked into it.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you.
I just can't imagine it getting better than this.

1 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP