Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Right Now: January 3, 2012


Outside my window... it is chilly! This is the coldest it has been in over a year!

I am thinking... that my feet are awfully cold. It's going to take forever to feel warm again.

I am thankful for... to come back to after vacation.

From the kitchen... there are screams of frustration. We are battling tiny ants that will not. go. away. Even though the kitchen is clean and every open package of food is sealed in a container or a zip-top bag.

I am wearing... yoga pants and a long-sleeve tee. And socks on my freezing feet.

I am creating... some revised Task Lists for myself on Gmail. I am a big fan of paper-and-pen lists but the Gmail Task Lists are super handy for remembering things, regardless of my location, and for reminding myself when my paper list isn't in front of me.

I am going... to get my hair trimmed (it needs to be de-shag-i-fied and reshaped badly after nearly eight weeks!) and pick up my wedding dress on Saturday.

I am reading... a book, several magazines, and a bunch of blogs.

I am hoping... that we are doing seeing 80 degrees until at least April.

I am hearing... the ceiling fan clicking slightly, the fan in my laptop and the hum of the refrigerator.

Around the house... there is too much clutter. We are outgrowing this apartment.

One of my favorite things... is relaxing on the couch in the evening. The ants have robbed me of that tonight, as I had to once again unload the entire pantry and engage them in combat.

I don't understand... WHAT THE ANTS WANT!!

I wish... I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week... We already covered that! Hair appointment. Pick up wedding dress. The rest is the same old, same old.

A picture to share...

The photo from today's photo-a-day prompt. Also? My coping mechanism for THE ANTS OMG!

6 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, January 06, 2012 9:46:00 AM  

I always love reading these.

So I realize it may be an "old" tradition of sorts...but how in the world will you keep T from seeing your wedding dress for the next 9ish months??

*krystyn* Friday, January 06, 2012 9:46:00 AM  

Oh and that candy looks GOOOOOD!! What is it?

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 06, 2012 9:49:00 AM  

He is on his honor not to look while it is at home. I will have to see what kind of garment bag it is in. If it is white or opaque, then no biggie. If it's clear, I will have to drape it in a sheet. And I'll only need to worry about that between this weekend & when I go for my first fitting!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 06, 2012 9:50:00 AM  

That is a See's Strawberry Cream!

*krystyn* Friday, January 06, 2012 9:50:00 AM  

Ah ok...I was thinking you were picking it up all ready to go, but it will then be @ the alterations shop...gotcha!! :)

*krystyn* Friday, January 06, 2012 9:51:00 AM  

Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'll have to try them...um next holiday season since that's the only time See's is in Knoxville. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP