Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 goals: the sort-of reprise

I never shared this last year, but I had a running list of goals for myself for 2011, here in draft form. I found (as you can see) that I was less than motivated--although, I *was* more motivated than this list would appear at first glance! I blame lack of accountability. And so... I have a new plan for 2012. Starting with showing what a bum I was in 2011. Ha.

1. create a cleaning schedule.
2. organize my closets.
3. catch up on my magazines. (I didn't finish this *entirely* but I did manage to go through a *ton* of really old magazines that I still can't believe have moved with me all the times I have moved. I am now down to only--ha ha, only--magazines that are under one year old, and the cooking magazines that I don't intend to part with quite yet.)
4. organize my file cabinet. (Yeah, ummm... whoops. I did weed out and shred a bunch of old paperwork but that is as far as I got.)
5. back up my music & photos monthly. (I did this more along the lines of quarterly.)
6. finish organizing all the magazine pullouts. (I started. I have not finished. Work in progress.)
7. get. caught. up. and stay that way. (Ha.)
8. photo every day. (Fail.)
9. read more. (The only reason I didn't cross this off is because while I did read more, it also took me eight months to read one book. To be fair, the book was very thought-provoking and required considerable attention. All in all, I finished six books, the same as in 2010, but that one book should have counted as three--seriously, it was 1100 pages and was written in three separate parts.)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP