Sunday, September 13, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 36

Checking in for the week of September 6 through September 12.

WHAT I READ |
Just Wait Till You Have Children of Your Own! (Erma Bombeck) - This book was a quick easy read. One part amusement, because apparently, things never change -- adults say roughly the same things about "kids these days" as they did fifty years ago. And one part nostalgia, because I am certain I heard almost everything in this book when I was a teen.
Good in Bed (Jennifer Weiner) - Definite fluffy chick lit, but at least it isn't a slow read.

WHAT WE ATE|
Monday was a classic meat-and-potatoes sort of dinner: steaks on the grill, mashed potatoes, and corn from the freezer. Tuesday, we made sausage burgers (roasted red peppers and provolone cheese on mine, thanks!) with a side of mac and cheese. Wednesday, there were grilled chicken sandwiches. Thursday, T made his very delicious Chicken and Dumplings.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Pink Sands (YC)
Blue Summer Sky (YC) - I really wanted to like this one, but...I really, really did not. It had this weird "flowers and grass in the sun" note to it that I just couldn't get around. I actually had to toss this one. And this is why I always try new scents in the votive size only.
Mountain Lake (YC) - This one was much better. Half clean and fresh, half a hint of men's aftershave.
Sweet Strawberry (YC) - Nice and straightforward. I am so partial to fruity scents in the summer.
Vanilla Lime (YC) - I love that the cool creaminess of vanilla is combined with a bright zing of lime.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
T and I ventured over to EPCOT. The British Revolution was playing in the UK pavilion. We had to stop, because they were covering some The Who and that's T's favorite.


I might thank the Phoenicians for my ABCs, but I do not extend the sentiment to the Greeks and their math. Numbers are not my friend. (Unless they appear in my bank register.)


The guy in the middle's headwear always looks like a bulb of garlic to me.


The first backup system!


Gutenberg's little stick legs.


We are total goofballs. Also, I do not know why Spaceship Earth gave me a side ponytail. I assure you that I did not actually have one.


Dunkin run because I run on Dunkin.


Rain.


After the rain.


Fuchsia and shades of blue.


NFL Opening Night. How I attire for The Tom Brady Blank You Tour.


Good morning.


First live regular season Red Sox game since 2013. We're partial to the view from the Press Level when we go to The Trop.


Required eating for a ballgame. (They used to be better at this park. These were a big thumbs down.)


September 11 means we get the BIG flag for the National Anthem.


The hotel we stay at when we do a weekend series in St Pete got a makeover since we were last here!


Never been on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge before!


We had planned to go to Lowry Park Zoo during our weekend in Tampa/St Pete, but it rained. Ventured over to the South Florida Museum instead.


Ummm...T...I don't want to alarm you but...


Oh no!!! (A more appropriate reaction to shark jaws that size, yes?)


The South Florida Museum is also home to Snooty the manatee. FYI: Most manatees do not come up out of the water like seals, dolphins, and whales. Snooty does though. Check out those back muscles!


I'm not exactly sure how these teeth work...


We got to see David Ortiz hit career 500th home run in person. It was pretty freaking amazing.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP