Sunday, September 6, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 35

Checking in for the week of August 30 through September 5.

WHAT I READ |
I'm Half-Sick of Shadows (Alan Bradley) - I think this has been my favorite mystery adventure with Flavia so far. It was especially cozy to have the entire story take place at Buckshaw over a relatively short period of time. I enjoyed the pieces of the mystery (even though I knew where the Big Scene was going to play out very early on). I find Flavia an entertaining little character. I also appreciated having the characters of Dogger and Aunt Felicity fleshed out a little further. I hope that we get to learn more about them as the series progresses, because it sounds like they have some stories to tell.
Just Wait Til You Have Children of Your Own! (Erma Bombeck) - If I had a nickel for every time someone has said this to me in my lifetime...

WHAT WE ATE|
I met my friend Brandi for brunch at TooJays, followed by cupcakes at Small Cakes, on Sunday morning. We had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner this week, as well as a couple of our perennial favorites: Tortellini Florentine soup, and Linguine with Clam Sauce.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Pink Sands (YC)

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Welcome, September, and new retro art on the calendar.


It was a slow week for photos.


0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP