Monday, July 22, 2013

20 Questions: July 22, 2013

1. M&Ms or Skittles?
M&Ms. In fact, it is a rare day when we don't have at least three different variations of M&Ms in the cabinet.

2. The color blue makes me think of:
Blueberries. Clear March Florida skies. What shade I want to paint the other part of the main bathroom. Peace.

3. You're at a sporting event. What are you most likely drinking?
Water. It's what I am most likely drinking no matter where I am.

4. What is the snack you reach for most often?
Recently, it's been fresh fruit. I feel like I can't get enough of it.

5. Do you take shortcuts?
Driving somewhere, sure, if I know where I am. But I try not to take shortcuts in most other ways, because it often leads to more work in the end, when I have to redo it the proper way.

6. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I loved my Cabbage Patch Kids, but more than anything, my favorite toy was my imagination.

7. What was your last alcoholic beverage?
Oh man. Ummmm... I think it was a vodka gimlet, the last time Daniel was in town on business and I met him for dinner?

8. Do you sort your laundry?
I do. Religiously. Sheets. Towels. Floor mats. Kitchen linens. Lights. Darks. Whites. Delicates.

9. Are you a social person?
It depends. I do like some social contact, but I am very picky about with whom I would like it. And I don't like too much of it. I prefer a healthy balance. Doesn't always happen that way, though.

10. Something that grosses you out:
Filling a sink full of water, washing dishes, and feeling...*stuff* floating in it. ::shudder:: I know it's terrible but I have to wash my dishes under a stream of running water.

11. Root beer or cream soda?
Oh wow. I haven't had either in ages. If you're asking about a float, it would be root beer, but straight up? Cream.

12. What is the worst book you've ever read?
There are only two I've actually abandoned without finishing them: "Wicked" (Gregory Maguire) and "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan" (Sophie Kinsella). There are several more I finished that I wish I'd never wasted time and energy reading. I attempted those by choice, though. I would add to the list, some that I was forced to endure for school: "Of Mice and Men" and "The Grapes of Wrath" (both by John Steinbeck) and "Ethan Frome" (Edith Warton). I would have stopped reading those, if it had been up to me. Painfully miserable reading, classics or not.

13. Have you ever experienced an earthquake?
I have not. It would not make me sad if I never did. They tie with tornadoes as natural events that scare the bejeezus outta me.

14. Are you afraid of the dark?
No. But sometimes I am a little freaked out by what might be lurking *in* the dark.

15. Five snacks that you would enjoy in a perfect, no-calories world.
You know, I don't tend to deprive myself of snacks, as a rule. I eat pretty well most of the time, so if I get an urge to have a particular treat or snack, I usually indulge myself. I almost always keep it in moderation and I never feel guilty about it later. I try to enjoy what I'm eating. I don't want food to consume *me*.

16. Name something you like about yourself.
I am a truly, genuinely happy and grateful person.

17. How many cousins do you have?
Nine: three on my dad's side (one male, two female) and six on my mom's (two female, four male).

18. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie ever is:
There are several I like, but Tagalongs are my very very very favorite.

19. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
Oh, I am sure there is someone. Probably several someones. But the people whose opinions actually matter to me? I don't think so. Or at least I hope not. At least not maliciously. I would hope that if they had something to say, that would say it to *me*. I would like to know if I'm doing something I should address.

20. What was the last thing to surprise you?
The behavior of some people I know.

3 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:07:00 PM  

Hello! I love when you do these :) It's always such a great little glimpse into who you are. And? It makes me smile when I see how similar we are.

ps. I talk behind your back...but it's always good things :)

Janet Monday, July 29, 2013 12:09:00 PM  

I couldn't get through "Wicked" either...

*krystyn* Monday, August 12, 2013 11:46:00 AM  

These are always SO fun to read!! I love the dishes thing...I'm the SAME way...we may use more water, but better than grossness floating around!! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP