Sunday, April 7, 2013

TV Loves and Hates: April 7, 2013

Disclaimer: I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead if you're even further behind than I am. You read at your own risk!


**The opening credits/music of the tribute episode to Larry Hagman/JR Ewing was so well done. It gave me chills and made me a little teary. The softer, less-triumphant version of the opening theme music, done as a trumpet solo, with far more subdued, JR-centric images was spot on. (Dallas, ep 8)

**The reading of JR's will. The pistol for Ann...unless she's the reason the will is being read. I laughed til I cried. (Dallas, ep 9)

**Speaking of Dallas and weeping, the graveside memorial was an emotional moment for me. You could just see the real grief on the actors' faces, as they said goodbye to their friend. (Dallas, ep 9)

**Pregnant Mer is one of the funniest things ever! (Grey's Anatomy, ep 18)

**The doubleheader season finale of Whitney was one laugh after another. The scene when Roxanne gets hit with the dart? The way it unfolded with only facial expressions and body language but not a sound? I laughed *so* hard. Also, Alex calls Whitney McRib? Bahahahaha!!

**I *loved* that Mark was finally standing up for himself in regard to his crush on Roxanne, when he lets RJ fix him up with someone else and Roxanne subsequently unleashes a snarky jealous rage. He couldn't wait around for her forever. But that scene in the park when Roxanne got all vulnerable and they kissed? *So* awesome. Yay, Mark and Roxanne!

**The conversation at the end of "The Human Kind" (Fringe ep 8), when Olivia convinces Peters to take the Observer tech out of his head? So powerful.

**Ted's speech to his future, hasn't-met-her-yet wife. Pretty much the sweetest thing ever. (How I Met Your Mother, ep 20)  “Hi. I’m Ted Mosby, and exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet... and we’re going to fall in love. And we’re going to get married. And... we’re going to have two kids. And were going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away. But I’m here now, I guess, because I want those extra 45 days... with you, I want each one of them. Look, and if I can’t have them, I’ll have the 45 seconds before your boyfriend shows up and punches me in the face, because I love you. I am always going to love you. Until the end of my days... and beyond. You’ll see.”

**John Noble guest starring on The Good Wife? Yes, please! (ep 18)

**The "who was crazier" discussion between Marcus Chaplin and Sam the XO in the series finale of Last Resort.


**Goof-ups that I can't let go of. For instance, if there is NO MAGIC in NYC, then *how* did Hook sail his MAGIC PIRATE SHIP there?? How, I ask you! (Once Upon a Time)

**This little side story of Tamara and Owen on Once Upon a Time. It seems forced and unimportant to me. There are too many backstories and other fairy tale/fable characters to weave in without focusing on this attention somewhere it isn't really needed.

**Senator Haverstock on Deception. Yuck.

**I hated that Nina had to shoot herself in order to protect The Plan. (Fringe, ep 10)

**Molly goes on Spring Break and I am subjected to a bunch of too-old-for-Sprinng-Break party shots Yuck. (Mike and Molly, ep 18)

**What is up with Mellie's wardrobe? Call me crazy but pink is not a neutral and pairing it with most other non-neutrals leaves her looking like an Easter egg. (Scandal, eps 14 and 15)

**The cancellation of Last Resort. I really think it could have gone places...if it hadn't been on network tv.

1 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Monday, April 08, 2013 9:45:00 AM  

Yes to everything you said about Dallas! That opening was just right...in some ways it won't seem the same without him.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP