Sunday, April 14, 2013

This life.

I've thought and thought of a less cheesy way to say this, but really, nothing else will do it justice and I will not sell it short.

I am so in love with this life with which I have been blessed. It is rich and good and full. As a Christian, I believe that the best is yet to come, in ways I cannot even start to imagine, but for the time while I walk this earth, I have been given the most amazing gift of a beautiful life.

I've said it before, probably so many times that there's likely eye-rolling going on right now, but I understand exactly what Charlotte means, in the first S-and-TC movie, when she says: "I am so happy that I'm terrified.
Nobody gets everything that they want." I realize being terrified only prevents me from true enjoyment, thus robbing myself of the very happiness I am terrified of losing, so I try hard not to let it take hold most of the time. Every once in a while, though, I let myself feel it for a little while, if only to remind myself not to take a moment of it for granted. I feel like I appreciate better when I see what I stand to lose. I'm not afraid of so much gratitude that it can bring me to my knees. And it does.

This life is so good. So so good. I'm so grateful that it's mine.

1 with their own thoughts:

tel4him Monday, April 15, 2013 5:59:00 AM  

God has blessed you. Enjoy it and be grateful. If tomorrow, He brings you a storm, He will be in that, too. Be thankful for that because you can know He's growing you. I just read that your life is like a flashlight. You choose where to shine it, either on the dirt on the floor or on the art on the wall. You're choosing the art. *HUG*

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP