Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: October 2011

A photo of me:
Ummm... I promise to be better about this next month...? ::looks sheepish::

1) Candle scents this month:
Cranberry Chutney. Macintosh Spice. Spiced Pumpkin. Cinnamon Stick. Maple Pancakes. Candy Corn. Harvest. Mountain Lodge. Pumpkin Pie. Napa Valley Harvest. Mandarin Cranberry. Autumn Leaves. Vineyard. Autumn Wreath.

2) What I am reading this month:
Still working on Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) but I'm nearing the end! (Holy heck, this book has taken me for.ev.er. to finish.)

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Sparks Fly," by Taylor Swift. "Little Moments," by Brad Paisley. "Baseball Ballet," by Terry Cashman.

4) Movies I saw:
No time for movies with MLB playoffs *and* tons of new tv to watch.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The entire MLB playoffs - one of the best post-seasons I've ever watched.

6) Something yummy I made:
I was dying to finally make my Pumpkin Chili and it was *so* good.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Macaroni Grill. Miller's Ale House.

8) Five things I am loving this month:
1. The scanner on the wireless printer T purchased a while back. My old one was clunky and slow and the scanned images left something to be desired. This one scans wonderfully! I am no longer dreading scanning in my piles of old family photos. 2. Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT! 3. MLB playoffs - Seriously, even with my team far from "in the picture," every single one of these series have been exciting to watch. I have been glued to my tv. This is my kind of drama! 4.The variety of options available for watching television shows: "live," DVR, OnDemand, online, DVD. Sure is different from how things were when I was a kid: if you missed a program, tough luck. 5. Shout Color Catcher sheets - I tried them on a whim, since they were on sale *and* I had a coupon, but I wasn't sure if they were just another product designed to sucker the consumer. I am pleasantly surprised! That red shirt that always bleeds just a little? No pink tinge on any other laundry!

9) A goal I had for this month:
It was my birthday month. I am exempt from all goals. Heh.

10) This month I looked forward to:
Food & Wine Fest! Are you kidding?? I look forward to this from the second the previous Festival ends. And more comfortable weather.

11) Something that made me laugh this month:
Tito filled in on FOX for two ALCS games as a color man. In the first game, when asked how he was feeling about the change of pace, he replied "I wanna chew, and I wanna be able to curse at will. And I can't do either." I loved his candor and, let's be honest, I loved that he wasn't Tim McCarver. It was a special treat to see this side of Francona, especially the side of him that is a clearly a fan of baseball. And it was also very, very amusing. ;-)


12) A photo I took this month:

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP