Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Food & Wine Festival 2011: Round Seven

At this point, I had tried nearly everything on my list, which made choosing what to eat next a lot easier. And the first place I had on the itinerary was...

CHEESE
Artisan Cheese Selection. Sterling Vitner's Collection Meritage.

The first cheese (moving from left to right) was Le Delice de Bourgogne Lincet--it was a very smooth, mellow cheese, served with a drizzle of honey. It was my least favorite of the three, but still very good. I mean, c'mon, it's *cheese*. The next cheese was a Chevre Affine Wyngaard Kaas--a very creamy, buttery cheese that tasted amazing with the dried cranberries, and this one was my favorite. The last cheese was Thomasville Tomme Sweet Grass Dairy--a very creamy, almost melty cheese served with some fig. With my taste buds wide awake, we departed for...

...Mexico. But on the way, it started to rain, so we took a detour into the Mexico pavilion (aka "somewhere dry") to wait it out. When it *finally* let up, I made a beeline for a replay of the Crispy Shrimp Taco. Some dishes are way too good to have just once! And *then* it was time for...

AUSTRALIA
Lamington.

This was not my first time having this delightful little dish. I remembered it well from last year's Fest and I was definitely looking forward to having it again! The cake was moist and buttery, the chocolate was fudgy and the coconut shavings were just a hint of sweet. To round out the day, I made my way to...



SOUTH KOREA
Boolgogi BBQ Beef with Steamed Rice and Kimchi. Myung Jak Bokbunjajoo (Raspberry Wine).

I really enjoyed the beef, especially with the rice. The kimchi was good but powerful. I could have done with a smaller portion, though. The raspberry wine was good, but not quite as sweet as the one they served last year. This one tasted slightly more like a dose of cough syrup. Oh well. Win some, lose some, right?

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP