Monday, November 28, 2011

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker.**

I was born in October. I lived my first twenty-five years in New England. My favorite season, without a doubt, is Autumn. I don't get much in the way of Autumn, following my relocation to The Sunshine State nearly a decade ago. (Seriously. A *decade*. My Lord, where does the time go...?)

All that is a preface to share that I cannot--truly, I am physically unable--pass a dried leaf on the ground without stomping on it. My opportunities are too few and far between. And there is nothing quite so satisfying as the crunch of a dried leaf under your shoe. (You may take this for granted. You don't realize its value until you don't have piles of leaves around you. You're probably consumed with raking them up. If you moved away from Autumn, you would miss them. Trust me on this.)

Nearly four weeks ago now, I got to play at Disney World with two very dear friends. We may have been at Food & Wine Fest, but I can assure, the following took place without any adult beverages contributing to this uninhibited moment of joy. When a carefully constructed pile of this nature presents itself, there is but one thing to do.





**I didn't have a wet sucker, but I also can't resist dropping quotes from classic Charlie Brown holiday specials either.

6 with their own thoughts:

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:25:00 AM  

Thanks, Rev! I wonder what the other Disney guests passing by thought? Haha! Something about my expression in these photos reminds me of Peanuts characters!

Sarah S Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:47:00 AM  

You have no idea how much I love this! You look so happy!! Autumn is my favorite season too, and I know I would miss it dearly.

Samantha Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:09:00 PM  

too funny. i always run over crunchy leaves with my bicycle tires. i LOVE it. now i know i'm not alone!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:33:00 PM  

Samantha: Glad to know I am in good company! =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP