Thursday, November 10, 2011

Food & Wine Festival 2011: The Final Round

With just one more trip to make around this oh-so-delicious world, I had a very specific plan of action. It started with a replay at Hawaii of the Kaluha Pork Slider, before embarking for...

SINGAPORE
Shrimp Cake on a Sugarcane Skewer with Singapore Noodles.

I wasn't sure what I was going to get from Singapore. I knew it wasn't going to be a Singapore Sling, and I'd had the Beef Randang last year, so I knew it was too spicy for my taste. I am very picky about the ways I will eat shrimp, so I was taking a risk on the shrimp cake, being the only other option on the menu, and I ended up surprised! The shrimp cake had a great flavor and the texture was not at all what I feared. The noodles were actually cold, like a salad. I couldn't believe I had been so skeptical!



I had to chase that with another Pumpkin Mousse from Hops & Barley, followed by yet another favorite: the Lettuce Wrap from South Korea, before a new dish from...

ARGENTINA
Beef Empanada.


I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by this one. Last year, they served a cheese and corn empanada that was quite good, but the beef filling in this year's was dry and, well, kinda boring. I had much higher expectations for this one and it just fell flat. Thankfully, though, I had one last destination...



DESSERTS & CHAMPAGNE
Lemon Chiffon. Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial.

What a perfect way to end the 2011 Food & Wine Festival. Some bubbles and a light refreshing lemony cloud.



As always, I am sad to see Food & Wine Fest draw to a close. However, for the first time ever, I managed to try every single dish on my list! I completed my passport ("What's that?" you say. Oh yes, my passport. We'll be discussing this soon!) and now it is time to contemplate my Food & Wine Festival 2011 Top Five! Stay tuned...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP