Monday, May 3, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: April 2010

Photo of me:

I've used this photo about a zillion times this month. It's the only photo of me. But I think it warrants as much use as possible. =)

1) Current candle scents:
Buttercream. Spa Fresh. Beautiful Day. Tahitian Tiare Flower. Lilac Blossoms.

2) What I am reading this month:
I finished Where Are You Now? (Mary Higgins Clark) and I am still randomly reading Watching Baseball (Jerry Remy, Corey Sandler) and Joy in Mudville (Mort Gerberg), but I haven't started a new book that I am "actively" reading yet.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Fearless," Taylor Swift. "The House That Built Me," Miranda Lambert. "Gimme That Girl," Joe Nichols.

4) Movies I saw:
Not a single one. Can barely keep up with DVR'd television now that baseball season is here.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The whole "Peter" episode of Fringe.

6) Something yummy I made:
Asparagus Parmesan Au Gratin

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Bonefish Grill. Sunshine Seasons (Land pavilion, Epcot). Macaroni Grill.

8) Something I am thankful for:
Spending time with my Dad.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To Spring Clean. I'm about 80% done. I had to wait til the trees stopped pollinating before I washed my windows. Now I'm just putting it off. Along with the ceiling fans.

10) This month I looked forward to:
Getting to see my Dad.

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
I want to remember how easy it is to make a child's day with the simplest things. I sent my god daughter a package for Easter. It had a few coloring books, a new box of 24 Crayola crayons, a couple of cute little notepads with brightly colored fun Spring covers, and little Easter eggs with M&Ms & Hershey's Kisses. Heather told me Catherine was so excited. I think we'd all be so much better off if we would still remember to get excited over the little things in life.

12) A photo I took this month:

My Easter Lily. I have to get one every year. This one was one of the best I ever chose. Six blooms, staggered, lasting nearly two weeks, peaking for Easter Sunday.

4 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, May 03, 2010 1:05:00 PM  

Dawn, that is a great picture! And that glass of beer is ginormous!

Fidgeting Gidget Monday, May 03, 2010 1:29:00 PM  

I LOVE your Easter Lily photo. You're doing wonders with that new camera, girlie!

And the Peter episode of Fringe in combination with this past week's musical episode just reaffirmed to me that John Noble is indeed the best actor on TV right now. I love Walter Bishop, foreverandeverandever, even if he did steal his kid from another universe.

penuttpie Monday, May 03, 2010 11:09:00 PM  

how in the world is it may already?! that's all i want to know.
i want to participate again. it might take a couple of days.
love these :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, May 07, 2010 1:13:00 PM  

Ted: We're German. My Dad takes his beer seriously. ;-)

Gidget: Thanks, girlie! Walter makes that show. Wouldn't be the same without him. I haven't seen the most recent episode yet, but it is getting more & more intriguing!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP