Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Right Now: May 11, 2010

Outside my window... are hungry squirrels. They are never ever full. And they aren't afraid to let me know this.

I am thinking... that the American flag isn't offensive. It represents my country & should always be allowed to be proudly displayed within its borders. By all means, celebrate your cultural heritage (provided you aren't slaughtering virgins on an altar or something) but respect the country in which you are celebrating. If you are a citizen of this country, you should be proud of this flag, regardless of where you came from or what roots you are celebrating, and I have to question anyone who can't do both. (If you're so ashamed of and offended by this flag, perhaps you should reconsider where you live?) And if you're merely a visitor here, please be a gracious guest, and respect my flag as I respect yours, no matter what holiday you're celebrating. ::steps down from soapbox::

I am thankful for... the opportunity to work hard, even when it drives me a little crazy.

From the kitchen... came just some noodles & a salad as side dishes to the chicken that was cooked on the grill.

I am wearing... boxer shorts & my Pedey t-shirt, in honor of my latest motto: "Pedey Power fueled by Rally Socks!"

I am creating... a menu for next week.

I am going... to watch some of the Rays-Angels game with the tv on sleep-timer when I get into bed in a few minutes. I bet I'll see about three pitches.

I am reading... Better Homes & Gardens magazine. So much eye candy!

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:12:00 PM  

Good Flag Respect soapbox speech!! Love it!

Janet Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:19:00 PM  

Outside my window... I have no window at work! But outside my door I see the VP walking by ;-)

I am thinking... That some chocolate would be good right now

I am thankful for... my health insurance.

From the kitchen... comes the sound of the microwave

I am wearing... jeans and a J. Jill t-short, Danskos and socks...and of course underthings!

I am creating... a comment on your blog!

I am going... to rent a house down the cape for my birthday

I am reading... your blog!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, May 14, 2010 11:41:00 AM  

K: Thank you!

Janet: Chocolate always sounds good to me. ;-) I think your birthday plans sound wonderful!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP