Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Want Wednesday: May 12, 2010

**This is very out-of-the-norm for me, but I Want these shoes. I would never be able to justify spending this much money on a pair of shoes (responsible budgeting is not often *fun* budgeting), but I do really like them.


**Now, back to your regularly scheduled Dawn. I Want to add a Wakefield t-shirt to my Sox gear. I would have settled for just the standard Sox player tee, but then I saw this one. I really really *really* want this one.


**And before Tek retires, I need to add a shirt or a jersey or something, representing the Cap'n in my closet. I don't care which it is--road, home, alternate, batting practice, standard player tee--but I Want it to have his captain's C on the chest. I didn't realize, til I looked just now, that most don't have the C. Mine must. Non-negotiable.


**While I was browsing, I happened across this tee, which I Want just because I like it a lot.


**And now I Want this one too, because it covers the Monstah *and* Fenway Park, which I do not have in my current collection. It is also the only green Sox shirt I would consider owning. All others must be red or navy (or some neutral color background).


**I happened to stumble across this image in my online wanderings. I am in *love* with this. I have no idea where or how I can get my hands on a print like this, but I Want one to frame & hang. If anyone happens to stumble across one, I *need* to know!

9 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, May 17, 2010 2:49:00 AM  

Those shoes are cute! I liked them straight away. How much are they? I couldn't get into the link...

Shoes are cheap in the US compared to here anyway so go for it.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, May 17, 2010 8:55:00 AM  

This Girl: They are $160. I barely spend 25% of that on shoes, so there is zero chance I will actually buy these, even though I think they're cute. ;-)

Anonymous,  Monday, May 17, 2010 12:57:00 PM  

That's about how much most shoes cost here actually! They are lovely, I hope they go on sale for you!

Mega Monday, May 17, 2010 4:18:00 PM  

That Varitek jersey will be cheap real soon ;)

marianne Monday, May 17, 2010 5:36:00 PM  

I'm thinking you should give yourself an early birthday, Christmas, and all-around 'good girl' present and splurge on them - they're cute as can be and you know they'd look great on ya!! :-D

marianne Monday, May 17, 2010 5:47:00 PM  

Dawn, I just Googled it and found this place with the exact print; available in sizes 8x10, 11x14, or 16x20. You have to contact them for price/availability so it might be 'pricey':

http://www.jrwstudios.net/sports.htm

I'll keep an eye out for other sources...

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:11:00 PM  

Mega: On the contrary, you won't be able to get the jersey with the captain's C on it & they have gotten *more* expensive over time. Once they are done making them, they will only increase in value. =P

Marianne!! I tried in vain to find that print online & you located it just like that! Thank you so much. I have that link bookmarked. ;-)

penuttpie Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:46:00 PM  

dawn
i feel as though we are both facing the madness of may! (march madness? hardly! may madness is more like it!!)
hope things slow down for you and you can get back into the groove. i miss reading about your adventures. speaking of which...i would love to find some time to post some of my own!
take care :)

jenny Friday, June 04, 2010 11:42:00 AM  

The kids and I just did a puzzle of a print virtually identical to that one - except it's a daytime shot...no fireworks.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP