Sunday, May 30, 2010

20 Questions: May 30, 2010

1. Have you ever built a snowman?
I have but mostly small ones. I think I only successfully constructed one "life-size" one. This obviously took place quite a while ago. I wonder if I would be any better at it now?

2. Do you trust your instincts?
More now than ever before. And when I don't, it sure seems like I live to regret it. My gut is far wiser than I give it credit for being sometimes.

3. Can you sew?
On a basic level. I can replace buttons & mend a seam. I can kind of do a hem, but not well. I'd like to learn more though.

4. What kind of system do you have for keeping tracking of your bills?
It's complex when you're on the outside looking in but it makes perfect sense to me. I build a baseline budget for the full year, making adjustments as necessary. I track all my spending. It keeps me honest & true to my budget.

5. Do you have any rings on your hands?
Not a single one. I think I've owned three rings in my entire life. One my brother tangled with & I think he still holds a grudge. One stopped being "my style." The last one I gave back.

6. Name someone in your life with blue eyes:
Other than me? ::bats eyelashes:: My dad.

7. When did you last see the sun rise?
This very morning. I woke up around 4am for some reason & couldn't shut off my brain.

8. What is the last thing you wrote?
I filled out a check to pay my rent.

9. If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?
It would have a bigger kitchen with better storage & a place for a table.

10. Can you remember your childhood phone number?
Yes, I can. And my grandparents' as well.

11. Do you feel in control of your life?
As in control as I need to be.

12. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
Publix Raspberry Blush Sherbet.

13. What beverage do you reach for in the morning?
Real unsweetened cranberry juice that I mix half-and-half with either pineapple juice or 100% apple juice.

14. Would you rather be really hungry or really tired?
Really tired. When I'm really hungry, I get cranky. I don't like to be cranky. Unless I have to drive. Then I would rather be hungry because driving tired scares me.

15. What piece of jewelry do you wear most often?
Probably my cross necklace.

16. What three items can always be found in your refrigerator?
The aforementioned cranberry juice. Water. Yogurt.

17. How old is your computer?
My desktop is a refurb that I got almost four years ago. My laptop was new, a birthday gift, about a year & a half ago.

18. Who do you look the most like in your family?
I think I'm a pretty good blend of both my parents, which means if I see myself next to either one in a photo, I can see the common features, but when I'm on my own, I look like neither one.

19. Were you afraid of the dark as a child?
Only if I found myself outside by myself. I had a vivid imagination & could easily psyche myself out. My Gram's frequent warnings of some creature she called a jackyl contributed to this, I think. Most likely because I couldn't conjure up an actual image of what this thing might be. Fear of the unknown is far more powerful than fear of the known. If I had to run out to the car for something I forgot, I would scurry & throw furtive looks over my shoulders.

20. What is your favorite flavor of pudding?
I *love* vanilla pudding.

2 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, June 03, 2010 1:14:00 PM  

1. Have you ever built a snowman?
Yup!

2. Do you trust your instincts?
Sometimes...

3. Can you sew?
Not really...I can sew a button on a shirt or pants, but that's about it

4. What kind of system do you have for keeping tracking of your bills?
Um...none.

5. Do you have any rings on your hands?
I wear a sterling silver band I got in Scotland on my left hand (it has Elvish writing on it, like The One Ring) and another silver ring on my right hand...it has 3 tiny gold balls on it of varying sizes and I like to think it signifies the dogs and me.

6. Name someone in your life with blue eyes:
Hmmm...um...my brother LOL!

7. When did you last see the sun rise?
This morning :-)

8. What is the last thing you wrote?
the answer to #7

9. If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?
I'd screen in the balcony...but it's not allowed

10. Can you remember your childhood phone number?
Yup!

11. Do you feel in control of your life?
Is anyone really in control?

12. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
diet coke w/lime

13. What beverage do you reach for in the morning?
Coffee (but your answer sounded good!)

14. Would you rather be really hungry or really tired?
Hmmm...tired, I think. Being really hungry hurts.

15. What piece of jewelry do you wear most often?
My silver Elvish ring

16. What three items can always be found in your refrigerator?
Eggs, water, pickles

17. How old is your computer?
2 I think?

18. Who do you look the most like in your family?
Oh man, my Dad, for sure.

19. Were you afraid of the dark as a child?
Only if it was thundering and lightning out

20. What is your favorite flavor of pudding? Indian!

jenny Friday, June 04, 2010 11:40:00 AM  

I read the cranberry juice comment to say that you mixed half and half WITH the juice.

*shudder*

thankfully, I'm wrong. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP