Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: July 2008

photo of me
i was practicing my invisibility skills this month. aren't you impressed with how good i've gotten?
1) current candle scents: using up some more retired Yankee Candle scents from the vault: Mountain Lake and Seaside Holiday. i always hate using my last votive of a retired scent but eventually i have to do it before the scent dies. i do want the chance to enjoy it that one last time instead of losing the opportunity all together. i just wish that when they brought back a retired scent for a limited time, it wasn't in that gargantuan jar.

2) what i am currently reading: "Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse" by Tony Massarotti

3) newest music i added my playlist: "What About Now" by Daughtry. "Another Try," by Josh Turner. "In My Arms," Plumb. "Do You Believe Me Now" by Jimmy Wayne. "Invisibly Shaken" by Rodney Atkins. "Feels Like Tonight" by Daughtry. "Forgive" by Rebecca Lynn Howard. "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas. "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie. -- told ya there would be new music this month!

4) movies i saw: none this month. too busy reading & watching baseball.

5) something yummy i made this month: it was just kind of a last-minute throw-together, but pasta with asparagus & peas with some pesto. i was craving veggies & you can't go wrong with pesto. the pasta was just there to round it out.

6) the last place i ate out: i seriously cannot remember. sad.

7) something that made me cry: a terrible misunderstanding that made two people feel hurt & vulnerable.

8) something that made me laugh: Remy & Don gigglefests.

9) something i looked forward to this month: the long holiday weekend. i needed a break. (by the way? it wasn't long enough.)

10) something i am thankful for: that, really, my biggest problem right now is the fact that the Red Sox cannot string together two wins at this point.

11) something i want to remember about this month: i want to remember Papi & Manny back-to-back, striking fear in opposing pitchers, and all the other good times Sox fans had -- not the least of which is two World Series rings -- with Manny Ramirez playing left in Boston. what i *don't* want to remember is this past month & how it all ended in a big freaking ugly mud-slinging contest which i blame Manny, the ownership team/front office of the Red Sox, and the media for, in equal parts.

12) a photo i took this month:
would you believe this was the only photo i took all month, specifically for a blog post? my camera was sicky but it's all better now! =)

10 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:06:00 PM  

You have a Fergie song? I'm impressed!

Ted D Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:31:00 PM  

DO and Remey gigglefests are always good for a laugh.

Watching the game, Beckett has been very 2006-like this year. I really wish he'd revert to the '07 version.

gail@more than a song Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:27:00 PM  

Invisibility skills! You're too funny!
I like some of Daughtry's stuff, might need to add it and I actually like that Fergie song too! But I think my kids would say that's just wrong.

Colleen Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:34:00 AM  

Dawn-THat pasta dish sounds delish!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:20:00 PM  

Glad your camera is feeling better! I love looking at all your pics!

Mom Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:24:00 PM  

I am a huge Yankee candle fan, hubby swears I will burn the house down one day. We have a big YC factory about 2 hours from me and I spend way way to much money there.

Bickley Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:35:00 PM  

I see you got a Plumb song. I love her. I have been listening to her long before most peopel even knew she existed. Got her first cd from way back.

Janet Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:44:00 PM  

I'm sorry about #7...that's no fun! Hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing these for my Thursday Thirteen :-)

michelle Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:18:00 PM  

I really liek your blog! I came over via Janet's site and I just might have to snag this idea too (of course I will link back!). I am a Sox fan too! If you want to check out my answers on my blog just email me your email address - my blog is permission restricted. mkdsmall[at]gmail[dot]com

michelle Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:30:00 AM  

Finally got mine posted:

http://www.smoochdog12.com/

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP