Thursday, August 7, 2008

disconcerting

1. (Thursday morning) being accosted by a bug of unknown origin, dive bombing my head, just as i am walking outside this morning. having no clue what kind of bug we're talking about here, only that it was large enough to feel it thudding against my head & to hear it's wings buzzing in my hair, sounding like one of those WWII fighter planes. shaking my head out furiously but not seeing it fly away, therefor having no assurance that it isn't still! on! me! and subsequently feeling creepy-crawly all morning. this is even more worrisome if you have *seen* the (prehistoric) bugs we have in Florida.

2. (Tuesday morning) stopping at a red light. feeling your car stop. and then your peripheral vision playing tricks on you when the minivan next to you begins to roll slowly forward, creating the illusion that *you* are still moving.

3. (Monday afternoon) sitting at an intersection in the left-turn lane. traffic going the other direction has the green light. girl putting on eyeliner makes a left-hand-turn onto the street where i am currently waiting for my green arrow. she appears under the assumption that the double yellow lines are merely a suggestion and is cutting the turn close enough that 2/3 of her car will find itself in the turn lane where i am stopped. still looking in her rearview mirror, engrossed in makeup application, she veers at the last second, narrowly avoiding the front end of my car.

15 with their own thoughts:

kreed Thursday, August 07, 2008 10:08:00 AM  

Yeesh! I hate that bug-in-the-hair thing! And that run-you -over-while-turning thing is just about the worst - I actually had to back up for a truck doing that to me not so long ago. I don't know if he was applying eyeliner, but he must have been busy doing something!

Redbeard76 Thursday, August 07, 2008 10:30:00 AM  

Farve to the Jets.... Move over Testeverde! There's a new old man in town.

I hate that creepy-crawly feeling. Even if I don't have a bug on my back or in my hair, it still feels like there is one. Ew.

JMP Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:38:00 AM  

Wow Dawn,
Seems like you are fading in and out of the Twilight Zone. Creep feeling, eh??

And the bugs around here?!?!?!?!?!!!
Man... they are BIG... and try to get rid of the ants?????
fagetaboutit!!!!!

Janet Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:08:00 PM  

lol I've seen those big bugs, both in FL and in Okinawa! YUCK!

And #2 makes me nauseous!

Mega Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:35:00 PM  

Dawn really does live a life of danger.

Nichole M Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:00:00 PM  

(Wednesday afternoon) Friend accosts you with thoughts of a major earthquake possibly occurring while on vacation.

(I'm trying to desensitize you, is it working?)

Ted D Thursday, August 07, 2008 10:06:00 PM  

You, my friend, have had the week from hell. Here's to the weekend taking it all away.

Anonymous,  Friday, August 08, 2008 9:50:00 AM  

"this is even more worrisome if you have *seen* the (prehistoric) bugs we have in Florida."

One of the many benefits of living in New England...

Dawn Friday, August 08, 2008 10:04:00 AM  

YUCK about the bug!! I have had a June bug land in my hair (back in the 80's when I had a perm!!!) It still gives me the creeps.

Your driving stories are scary. I keep telling Tim that when he is old enough to drive that you have to watch out for the other people driving as much as you have to watch out for yourself!

take care,
Dawn

Michelle Quinno Friday, August 08, 2008 10:14:00 AM  

LOL, Dawn! Love the moving sensation! It gets me every time.

jess Friday, August 08, 2008 2:59:00 PM  

so what kind of bug are u talking about, i love lady bugs because i love counting they dots so have a nice weekend

Jeanne Friday, August 08, 2008 6:12:00 PM  

Eeekks I'd be staying home this weekend it I were you. Yuck on the buggy!

Rebecca Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:45:00 PM  

I totally remember being younger and visiting Florida and the dragon flies there are like small birds!!! I used to be so afraid of them...

OMG, and I so know that feeling of that you are still moving when you're not. It really freaks me out.

Sounds like you had a pretty "interesting" week!!

I didn't get to watch the game today, but heard Wake is on the DL....

Anonymous,  Monday, August 11, 2008 2:28:00 PM  

I'm sorry you had to endure the near collision but what I can't understand is how that girl felt comfortable putting on eyeliner while driving!! No sharp things go near my eyes when there is the chance of a bump or pothole.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP