Thursday, August 14, 2008

And I Quote: August 14, 2008

We're taught early on to be a good person. To be kind. To follow the rules. To say our prayers and take our vitamins. But what if we do the right thing and bad things happen? What then? Is it ever wrong to do the right thing?
(Marin Frist on Men in Trees, "The Indecent Proposal")

7 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:04:00 PM  

It's never wrong to do the right thing. Never. But it's definitely harder. Which is why, when things don't turn out the way they should, we wonder why we worked so hard in the first place.

Ted D Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:48:00 PM  

I'm with Nichole; never wrong to do the right thing, but it's never easy either.

Anonymous,  Friday, August 15, 2008 1:48:00 AM  

It's never right to cancel really good TV shows for no damn reason.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, August 15, 2008 6:57:00 AM  

Nichole & Ted: I agree. I always do my best to do the right thing. But doesn't it seem like sometimes you do the right thing & maybe someone gets hurt by it, maybe they even *needed* the wakeup call of that hurt, but the aftermath of that right thing you had to do makes you wonder how something that causes hurt could be the right thing at all? (Yes, I know that was very confusing. The quote said it better. LOL) Anyway, I guess what I mean is sometimes you do the right thing but you just wonder how it possibly can be the right thing at all...

Joe: I wholeheartedly agree! And yet they keep on doing it to me. =/

Mega Friday, August 15, 2008 10:46:00 AM  

nichole and ted took the words right outta my mouth.

Jeanne Sunday, August 17, 2008 8:59:00 AM  

That's what makes doing right so hard that sometimes bad things do happen to you or others. 'sigh'

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP