Monday, May 2, 2005

who would have known

so i am flying down the highway at 78mph--shhhh...no one tell the FHP. if i get pulled over tomorrow, i will know someone squealed on me! lol--in the midst of all these aggravating orange cone/barrel things that the DOT has lined up everywhere up & down I-4 marking construction zones. i've been sharing my commute with these lovely (ha...) spectacles for well over a year now as they are marched & rearranged again & again. i'm used to them. they may relocate between my trips back & forth but they are familiar. i digress...

this morning as i zoom by on my way into work, i see, spray painted in white, on the black base of these roadside sentries:

SMILE

that's it. of all the graffiti i've seen this was the best. could have been some teenager out on a weekend adventure. could have been some construction worker waiting for his ride back to his vehicle at the end of the day. whoever it was had a positive message. and i thought of it several times today on what might have otherwise been a cruddy day (don't even get me started on the alarm clock near-miss faisco this morning...). i swear anyone who saw that barrel, if they didn't respond with a smile must have really been an ugly soul. i know i just couldn't help it.

pay it forward. spread the love. share a smile. i love when something simple & unexpected brightens my day & that i am not so caught up in the trivial that i miss it. now if only i had a digital camera, i could have captured it & shared it with you all. although i can't imagine how safe *that* would have been to pull off at 78mph in morning traffic. ;-)

2 with their own thoughts:

Heather Tuesday, May 03, 2005 7:34:00 PM  

That would make me laugh so hard I would pee in my pants.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:12:00 AM  

oh look. my very own law enforcement officer. he's probably going to turn me in now...

maybe we should ask him about his MA driving history...? hee hee hee.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP