Saturday, November 2, 2013

TV Loves and Hates: November 2, 2013

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!


**(The Blacklist, S1E4 "The Stewmaker") Red is listed in Lizzie's phone as "Tony's Pizza." I get why, but the name chosen strikes me as so richly comical. -- Red has *the* best lines (not to mention the talent to deliver the heck out of them). For exmaple: 1. Lizzie: Where are you? Red: Keeping up appearances. I'm a criminal. The minute I stop being one, I become quite useless to you. 2. Lizzie: A man's life is at stake! Red: A man's life is always at stake, and, tragically, low stakes at that. 3. Red: Your witness is dead, you lost Lorca, and he took agent Keene. I'd say my meeting with Lorca might be the equivalent to you falling on your ass and landing in a pile of Christmas.  -- I am dying to see inside Red's head, especially when he says stuff like this: Lizzie: You're a monster. Red: Yes. Lizzie: How can you live with that? Red: By saving your life. -- Pretty sure getting on Red's bad side isn't something that will ever end well. -- OMG OMG, Angel Station!! Tom wants to take Liz *back* to Angel Station?? Where they apparently were or near on the date that classified murder took place?? The layers of this show are riveting!

**(Person of Interest, S3E4 "Reasonable Doubt") I don't think I've ever seen Mr Reese so completely disgusted by two people as he was with the two he left on the boat!

**(Modern Family, S5E5 "The Late Show") Maybe one of the best episodes of this show. I loved the three perspectives with the same theme and the common goal. Phil's suit. Cam and Mitchell's matching outfits. Lily's commentary. Comedy gold.

**(Last Man Standing, S3E5 "Haunted House") The way they slide political commentary into this show amuses me quite a bit. Even when it's not something I agree with.

**(Blue Bloods, S4E4 "The Truth About Lying") I know, I know. Not a real person. But I love how Frank handled the Inspector General wanting to fire Jamie's partner by making her "walk a mile" in a officer's shoes in a state of heightened adrenaline.

**(How I Met Your Mother, S9E6 "Knight Vision") I don't know what it is, but I love when they keep playing out a hypothetical scene over and over with variations, so the scene where Marshall "practices" telling Lily about the offer of being a judge had me cracking up. And speaking of Marshall being a judge, mark my words: with the minister dying, he's going to end up marrying Robin and Barney.

**(Mom, S1E5 "Six Thousand Bootleg T-Shirts and a Prada Handbag") Allison Janney a) looks really good and b) has a chemistry with Anna Faris that belies the fact that they are only five episodes into this entire show.

**(The Middle, S5E4 "The 100th") I don't even know where to start. Sue's giant hair. Brad and Sue breaking out into "Summer Love" at the parade. The cow on fire. Darrin rescuing Sue.

**(Scandal, S3E1 "It's Handled") All the limos to evade the media! So freaking brilliant!

**(The Blacklist, S1E5 "The Courier") Reddington, again, with the best lines. "Let me clear something up: I'm never telling you everything."

**(Person of Interest, S3E5 "Razgovor") Carter is not playing around anymore! I'm so glad she is holding that sneaky little rookie under her thumb now.

**(Top Chef, S11E3 "Commander's Palace") I really liked this elimination challenge. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to totally recreate someone else's dish from memory, never mind that the someone is a successful chef and would be eating the food I made! I'd just pack my own knives up and go. Save them the trouble.


**(The Michael J Fox Show, S1E5 "Interns") I don't see the purpose of the always-there best friend. I feel about her like everyone on the show felt about the orange lollipops.

**(2 Broke Girls, S3E5 "And the Cronuts") Why do they think making Max loud and screamy makes her funny. It doesn't. It really doesn't.

**(Scandal, S3E1 "It's Handled") Trying to decide who I hate more: Cyrus or Olivia's father. Wow. Evil. Destructive in ways I can't even find adjectives to describe.

**(The Blacklist, S1E5 "The Courier") Why do shows insist on being so gross? I had to look away when the Courier sewed himself shut, when the disk was removed from his body, when he was extracting his escape kit.

**(Top Chef, S11E3 "Commander's Palace") Not at all a fan of the tv in the Stew Room. That just seems mean.


**(The Blacklist, S1E4 "The Stewmaker") One technical question: Why did *I* know those were not U.S. Marshals that took Lizzie's witness but the FBI did not?! Sheesh. Have they never watched movie or tv shows? I was *immediately* suspicious! And she even had Red's warning! And one question related to a cryptic revelation: Whose photo did Red extract from the Stewmaker's trophy photo album?? Red hasn't been revealed as someone who takes trophies of his own -- he needs to be able to move through the world unencumbered if he needs to vanish into this air without a trace -- so she clearly meant something to him!

**(Mom, S1E4 "Loathing and Tube Socks") Is it me or was Christy's "smile" a bit Sheldon-esque?

**(Revolution, S2E3 "Love Story") Why is it that when someone is approaching and time is running out, they always freeze and stare at each other? When time is of the essence, wouldn't it be more prudent to, you know, hurry?

**(The Mentalist, S6E4 "Red Listed") Are they implying Red John isn't a person so much as an organization? (If so, I would find that very dissatisfying.)

**(The Blacklist, S1E5 "The Courier") What is Red's "big picture" agenda? Who is the man with the apples? How is Tom going to attempt to explain himself to Liz?

**(Scandal, S3E1 "It's Handled") Remington??

**(Revolution, S2E4 "Patriot Games") What in the world is happening with Aaron? He dreams, the "fireflies" show up and then a couple of dudes burst into flames, what?!

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP