Saturday, November 16, 2013

TV Loves and Hates: November 16, 2013

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!


**(Sleepy Hollow, S1E3 "For the Triumph of Evil") Ichabod: I think our definition of 'possible' has been irrevocably broadened. Ya think?? -- Jenny: What's your name, talk, dark and British? Ichabod: Ichabod Crane. Jenny (laughing): What do your friends call you? Icky? Ichabod: Not if they wish to remain my friends. -- Ok, chief, the street sign of the horse rider with the head broken off *was* a little funny. -- Ichabod's reactions to modern life slays me. They can have so much fun with this. This week's amusing moments: television remote controls, energy drinks -- "The only necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." What a great quote.

**(Sleepy Hollow, S1E4 "The Lesser Key of Solomon") HA!! Ichabod's conversation with the "OnStar" person. -- I have to admit, I'm kind of loving the random weaving of history, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," the book of Revelation, and a healthy dose of imagination.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E3 "Everybody's Crying Mercy") Poor Owen. I can't even imagine how it would feel to be have to work so intimately with your ex-wife, the ex-wife he still very clearly loves, the ex-wife who still clearly loves him. -- Cristina telling Alex it's the girl that's special, not the "moment." Every time we think Cristina is a robot, she shows she isn't. -- It's such a trip to see the interns acting like our core group when the show started, and to see our core group acting like real doctors, all grown up.

**(Elementary, S2E3 "We Are Everyone") Sherlock: No Belgian is that bad at backgammon. -- Joan: Can you just stop saying 'nefarious'? -- I love when Sherlock pickpockets someone and then says he "liberated" whatever he took from its previous owner. -- I busted up laughing when Sherlock didn't want any prolonged contact with Joan once she showed she'd mastered sleight of hand.

**(Elementary, S2E4 "Poison Pen") The little peeks into Sherlock's past and the compassion he has shown in glimpses have really started to grow his character. I like!

**(Reign, S1E1 "Pilot") Completely unrealistic fluff? Yes, please! Sometimes a girl just needs betrayal and scheming and romance and naivete and a little mystery. If i wanted historical accuracy, I would watch the History Channel.

**(Blue Bloods, S4E7 "Drawing Dead") Foxwoods reference! And new ties for Frank!

**(Top Chef, S11E6 "Campfires, Cream Cheese, and Countryside") I have to admit, I kind of liked the brutal honest guest judge John Besh showed with regard to the garbage many of the chefs dared to serve.

**(Last Man Standing, S3E7 "Start Shoveling Snow") Mike Baxter saying "I *love* that kid!" every time Eve does something financially conservative makes me laugh, especially when it's at his (literal) expense!

**(Sleepy Hollow, S1E5 "John Doe") Ichabod: You and I have very different definitions of 'old'. -- Ichabod fighting that stupid plastic packaging: What is this impenetrable barrier around this instrument? -- The lost colony of Roanoke! That was a really interesting tie-in.

**(Law and Order: SVU, S15E6 "October Surprise") Guy: She was the perfect intersection of hot and crazy. Blonde: What went wrong? Guy: I underestimated the crazy.

**(Law and Order: SVU, S15E7 "Dissonant Voices") I did not see that twist coming with those girls. Wow.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E4 "Puttin' on the Ritz") Ohhh, I love when Mer and Der dress up... -- HAHAHA! Cristina called Mer out on knowing how to pick someone up at a bar. I love when a show doesn't forget where its characters came from.

**(How I Met Your Mother, S9E9 "Platonish") Challenge accepted! All those challenges the Lily and Robin gave Barney were entertaining. Although Barney getting a girl's number speaking nothing but dolphin was weird, the one without using the letter E was hilarious. -- Kinda loving that Barney tied to pick up The Mother on one of his challenges. Also, The Mother? Kinda loving her too. I wish we had more than one season to get to know her. (Why, yes, I *am* aware that she is a fictional character on a television show.)

**(2 Broke Girls, S3E8 "And the It Hole") Caroline: It's just Sophie. Sophie: That was the name of my talk show back in Poland: Just Sophie. Max: I wish I could have been a guest on that show. Sophie: There weren't any guests. That's why it was called Just Sophie! ...Sometimes I wish this show were "just Sophie" because she's actually pretty funny.

**(Mike and Molly, S4E2 "The First and Last Ride-Along") Molly: I've got arms like a t-rex.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E5 "I Bet It Stung") Bailey: You stole my liver? Meredith: I named my son after you. You can't be mad at me! Bailey: Your son is a devil spawn! He drinks the milk of a liver thief! -- Callie's explanation of how she expected to be dancing in her underwear again after leaving Arizona, but somehow found herself in an episode of Big Love, living with Mer and Der made me laugh really loudly.

**(The Mentalist, S6E6 "Fire and Brimstone") I totally thought Patrick was going to kiss Lisbon following all those heartfelt words on the bluff overlooking the ocean and the sunset...and then he drove off, leaving her stranded. BAHAHAHAHA! You got me *good*, The Mentalist!

**(The Blacklist, S1E8 "General Ludd") Red on a swing set while a housewife prints money in a garage...what?! -- Man with Many Names (regarding the template he stole for the new $100 bill): And you're going to, what, stop me? Turn me in? Red (laughing): I'm going to rob you. Because unlike you, I happen to believe in capitalism. I like money. I like the lifestyle it affords me. I like the things that happen when you give it away. -- I still don't buy that Red is Lizzy's father. It's too obvious. And they keep setting the viewer up, almost saying he is...and then they change the scene or the subject. My theory is that he knows her father, probably very well, either through their criminal exploits or because he may be responsible for leading him into a life of crime. Somehow, Red feels responsible for her now, for reasons as yet unrevealed. He may have even set up for her to be taken in by her now-late adoptive father, since he seemed to know Sam and all about that. But Red's daughter, I believe, is someone else. The same someone he looked up on that FBI search site, the same someone who may have been in that photo he stole from The Stewmaker's trophy album. We know he *had* a daughter, because we saw her growth marks penciled on the wall of their old house that Red purchased and exploded. We saw him flashback in his memory of a young girl as he stared at the backyard. I'm just not convinced that Lizzy is his daughter, but I think he cares about her in a fatherly way because he *is* a father and she is roughly the same age his daughter would have been...though I suspect she's no longer alive.

**(Once Upon a Time, S3E1 "The Heart of the Truest Believer") Hook (about Rumple): Oh, that's a great use of our time. A wardrobe change.

**(Revolution, S2E6 "Dead Man Walking") Charlie certainly didn't fall far from the Rachel tree: headstrong and a little bit of the crazy. -- This show is all about reaching new character lows: Miles knew Monroe lost his wife and baby during childbirth, and, when he found out about Monroe's lovechild with Emma, he intentionally hid the child from him? Dude. -- Rachel's father as the mole. Interesting choice.

**(Person of Interest, S3E8 "Endgame") Two (mostly unrelated) quotes that really amused me... Shaw: Everything but the kitchen sink! I tried but it wouldn't fit. -- Reese: That's *my* grenade launcher??

**(The Middle, S5E6 "The Jump") Sue has the best victory dance moves. -- Axl: I brush my hair with a fork!

**(Elementary, S2E5 "Ancient History") Sherlock: Sounds like a wild goose chase. Only at the end of a proper goose chase, you get to eat a delicious goose. -- Watson: Who is Manny Tartanian and why does he have a lisp? Sherlock: Childhood sledding accident, but let's not get caught up in the backstory of an alias. -- Sherlock was Watson's friend's mystery lover?! HAHAHAHAHA!

**(Reign, S1E2 "Snakes in the Garden") The cream lace dress Mary wore was gorgeous! -- Intrigue and treason and treachery, oh my! Makes from some captivating entertainment! -- Despite myself, I think Francis is starting to grow on me.

**(Modern Family, S5E7 "A Fair to Remember") Haley: I’m Alex, who are you? Andy: I’m their manny. Haley: Nice try, I know their Manny and you look nothing like him. Andy: Ohhh, you’re Haley. -- Lily: What's wrong with Daddy? Mitchell: He's beating back his demons. -- Phil: His voice is the drug they should be dispensing because apparently it cures everything.

**(The Big Bang Theory, S7E8 "The Itchy Brain Simulation") Penny (upon seeing Lucy for the first time):  I always pictured her as Indian for some reason. Bernadette: I think that reason is called racism. -- The look Amy gives Sheldon when he's going on and on about the agony of waiting for years for something to happen (in this case, Leonard discovering the unreturned DVD that would be a lesson tool for Sheldon) without ever knowing if you'll get any satisfaction from it was *priceless*. Somehow, I think  every day that Sheldon survives without *Any* killing him is a win for Sheldon!

**(Top Chef, S11E7 "Jazz Hands") The musical chairs version of Quick Fire challenge was pretty awesome. I also thought the judges sent the right one packing, even though I keep waiting for it to be Captain Vietnam's turn. Thrilled to see Janine is holding her own in Last Chance Kitchen!

**(Scandal, S3E2 "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner") Fitz (to Liv): Something happens and you're the one I want to talk to. -- I'm a pretty big fan of when Fitz looks pleased with himself. I'm also a big fan of how that often leads to Cy looking pained and aghast.

**(The Michael J Fox Show, S1E9 "Homecoming") Ian's tux caught on fire. HAAA.

**(Last Man Standing, S3E8 "Vanessa Fixes Kyle") Mike: He's the nicest guy in the world. It's like you pissed off a Carebear.

**(Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, S1E2 "Trust Me") Knave: I can't swim! Alice: How have you lived your whole life and... Knave: I was busy doing other things! Alice: Like what?! Knave: Like being afraid of water! -- Genie: Wishes come with a consequence, Alice. The bigger the wish, the greater the consequence. -- Knave (to the Fairy): Don't make the good guys pay for the bad guys' mistakes. -- Part of me thinks it would be cool to travel around by magic carpet...and then part of me thinks that would result in some major motion sickness. -- The Red Queen is like a pointy, angry, red version of Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz.


**(Law and Order: SVU, S15E5 "Wonderland Story") Liv's abduction experience is causing her to be way off her game. She's make assumptions and judgments based on her own feelings, and it's preventing her from being a good detective.

**(Blue Bloods, S4E7 "Drawing Dead") I really do not like the Mayor. Or bookies that chew gum like cows.

**(Top Chef, S11E6 "Campfires, Cream Cheese, and Countryside") Nina is getting a little full of herself with all these wins. Strike her from the list of potential personal favorites.

**(Last Man Standing, S3E7 "Start Shoveling Snow") The way Mandy treats Kyle makes me sad.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E4 "Puttin' on the Ritz") Seriously? No warning at all before a broken bone pokes out through someone's leg?!

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E5 "I Bet It Stung") That conversation between Mer and Cristina about being in different places now about broke my heart.

**(Mom, S1E8 "Big Sur and Strawberry Lube") Adam and Christy seriously break up? I do not approve.

**(Once Upon a Time, S3E1 "The Heart of the Truest Believer") I am not a fan of creepy Pan.

**(The Big Bang Theory, S7E8 "The Itchy Brain Simulation") Could we just let Raj be happy at least once? Sheesh. The joke about pathetic, always-alone Raj has played itself out.

**(Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, S1E2 "Trust Me") The worst CGI *ever*. So bad, they are actually hilarious.


**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E3 "Everybody's Crying Mercy") How, exactly, do you do chest compressions on someone whose chest is wide open?

**(Elementary, S2E3 "We Are Everyone")  Moriarty is writing love letters to Sherlock??

**(Blue Bloods, S4E7 "Drawing Dead") Estimate on the number of times Jamie Reagan uses 'forthwith' in any given episode?

**(Sleepy Hollow, S1E5 "John Doe") How is it Abbie didn't get infected by that disease? Is it because it's transmitted only by touch? But if that's the case, how come the woman in the HazMat suit got infected through a hole in the suit by her shoulder? It can't be because she is one of the Wintnesses, because Ichabod was infected, but then would he have had to stay in Roanoke with the healing waters in order to survive?

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E5 "I Bet It Stung") James Remar is playing Karev's father?? I didn't even recognize him at first!

**(Mom, S1E8 "Big Sur and Strawberry Lube") Did Claudia (Cloudia?) seriously have a glass of wine in a public bathroom and then leave without washing her hands??

**(The Mentalist, S6E6 "Fire and Brimstone") Why is it that when Patrick and Lisbon tell the Red John suspects that a meeting is being set up Thursday at 8pm, no one asks *where*?? Shouldn't that be a question?

**(Once Upon a Time, S3E1 "The Heart of the Truest Believer") How is it that Hook is struggling to maintain any sort of control over the ship, yet Emma stands there like she's on dry land?

**(Revolution, S2E6 "Dead Man Walking") Why is Rachel always lurking in windows? Is Monroe really dead? What (or who) is Rachel digging up?

**(Person of Interest, S3E8 "Endgame") Are they really going to kill off Fusco?? Please tell me no...

**(Reign, S1E2 "Snakes in the Garden") Just how many parties, exactly, are plotting Mary's demise? And who is Clarissa and what is her story?

**(Top Chef, S11E7 "Jazz Hands") What is this season's obsession with watermelon salad?

**(Law and Order: SVU, S15E8 "Military Justice") Military cases always make me wonder: How much of this really happens and gets covered up?

1 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:42:00 PM  

Are you caught up on Person of Interest? I'm waiting for you to and to see what you think :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP