Tackling NBC today. Remember when NBC had all the best shows?
List shows watched:
Revolution (new). Deception (new). Parenthood. Whitney. Law and Order: SVU. Chicago Fire (new). Up All Night. 1600 Penn (new).
1. Best overall show of the television season?
Parenthood. It blows everything else on NBC out of the water.
2. Most overall disappointing show of the television season?
1600 Penn. And that's saying something in a lineup that includes Up All Night. 1600 Penn was truly unwatchable.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) show of the television season?
Parenthood. Mostly because they went the route of "character with cancer," but didn't make it depressing. They kept it feeling real and sometimes humorous and Monica Potter just hit a grand slam in her role as Kristina Braverman.
4. Show(s) you recommended to people most this season?
Parenthood. If you're not watching, you're missing some excellent television.
5. Best new show of the season?
It was slim pickings. Revolution, I guess, but only because it showed some hope for improvement in the finale. Talk about a show that had no idea who it was all season though. Wow.
6. Show you most anticipated this season?
Parenthood. I look forward to it every season. The Braverman clan is awesome.
7. Favorite character(s) this season?
Everyone on Parenthood, end of discussion.
8. Least favorite character(s) this season?
Everyone on 1600 Penn, but most especially Skip. Made me want to claw my ears off.
9. Most memorable character(s) this season?
Kristina Braverman (Parenthood) - Seriously, she should win awards for that performance.
10. Best new character this season?
Hank Rizzoli (Parenthood) - I found Ray Romano endearing in this role. Yes, you read that correctly.
11. Any specific episode(s) that stuck with you?
The entire season of Parenthood. Do I sound like a broken record yet? Sorry.
12. Favorite comedy from this season?
Whitney. Yeah, I know, I know. But look what I had to pick from. And it actually got better...right before it got canceled.
13. Favorite drama from this season?
Repeat after me: Parenthood.
Shockingly, Whitney. It got an ending that really made me happy.
15. Did any shows end this season?
Deception - This show just...I wanted it to do better but it just couldn't get there.
Whitney - I don't know why NBC can't find really good comedy anymore. They used to be so good at it!
Up All Night - Man, did *that* fall apart quickly.
1600 Penn - Thank. God. This show was a disaster. It was not funny. It was obnoxious and annoying.