Sunday, May 26, 2013

TV Loves and Hates: May 26, 2013

Disclaimer: I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead if you're even further behind than I am. You read at your own risk!


**I had my doubts, both throughout the season and even during the episode, but the season finale of 2 Broke Girls actually pleasantly surprised me. That may be the most non-robotic acting I've seen out of The Joker Max since the series premiere.

**Cam and Mitchell at Lily's gymnastics meet and Gloria and Jay's snooping were some of the most amusing bits I can remember in recent Modern Family history. (ep 23)

**Sue skipping school was hilarious because I found it so easy to relate to it. When she finds out she missed a fun assembly *and* free ice cream? I think I actually felt her pain. (The Middle, ep 23)

**Even if it felt forced, trying to cram it all into one half hour segment, I thought Rules of Engagement had a very satisfying series finale. Timmy and Russell made me roll my eyes, but at least Jennifer and Adam are finally married and Jeff and Audrey's baby was actually born. Audrey telling Jeff she was pregnant was an unexpected but sweet way to wrap the show up.

**Irene: Well, you're not boring at all, are you. Sherlock: I make every effort not to be. -- Such a fabulous exchange! (Elementary, ep 23)

**Cam: Please. It's Florida. If I want to sweat more, I'll just move my arms. -- Unless you live in Florida, you have no idea how true this is. And you know how it goes: It's funny because it's true. (Modern Family, ep 24)

**Amy-from-Parenthood guest starring on Law and Order: SVU (ep 20) and absolutely nailed it.

**The *flight attendant* set off the sequence of events and the *husband* was the drug runner?! I did NOT see that coming, Body of Proof! (ep 11)

**I seem to be in the minuscule minority but I *love* who they chose for "The Mother"! She is sweet and just the kind of girl I could see Ted falling for. I can't wait to see how the final season plays out! (How I Met Your Mother, ep 24)

**That speech Lily gave Ted in his completed house. Just the sort of pep-talk we need from our closest friends when we're so close to giving up. (How I Met Your Mother, ep 24)


**The season finale of The Big Bang Theory just didn't impress me all that much. I realize it's a sitcom but still. There were regular episodes that were better.

**We're just supposed to start liking Voight and feeling sympathetic toward him now?? I don't know about that. (Chicago Fire, ep 23)

**So. Season finale of Chicago Fire. The Drama Queen of television shows. There is a fire at a prison right as word comes that Hermann's wife goes into labor. Then, just as they receive word that the baby is in distress and Cindy is going into an emergency c-section, Hermann gets taken hostage by a group of inmates that got out of their cells and killed a guard? Of course. How about Shay is waiting for news about her artificial insemination and Severide's ex shows up pregnant? All right then. Mills wants Dawson to tell him she doesn't have feelings for Casey, who just reconciled with his girlfriend who was then murdered in a prescription drug cover-up, but she can't and then he finds out he also didn't make squad? Seriously. All I know is this group of fire fighters makes the gang on Grey's Anatomy look boring in comparison.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP