Saturday, May 11, 2013

20 Questions: May 11, 2013


1. Paper, plastic or bring-your-own?
Yes! I actually have a finely tuned method to my madness: I get paper when my stash runs low for containing my paper recycling between pick-ups. I get plastic from the grocery stores when my stash runs low, because I use these when I need to contain some kitchen garbage that will be too stinky or messy to hang out in the regular trash can until that bag is full and will get tossed directly into the big garbage bin that goes out to the road on garbage day. I get plastic from Target when my stash for lining the bathroom trash cans gets low; they are the perfect size, a little bit bigger than the grocery store plastic bags! And most of the time, when my stockpiles of paper and plastic are sufficient, I use my own bags, four regular reusable totes and one insulated.

2. What's the next trip you're planning to take?
I don't have anything planned, long distance, at the moment, but I will likely take a trip to visit Nichole and Daniel at some point this summer.

3. You are going to the beach for the day. Your essentials--sunblock, bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, water and snacks--are provided for you. One ONE other item do you bring with you?
I'm not much of a sunbather, but I think I would need to bring a book for between walks along the water and people-watching.

4. What was the last food you *really* craved?
A vine-ripened tomato sandwich. That's what I am actually craving right now. It will be a while, though. The tomato plants only have blossoms.

5. What is the last thing you changed?
Well, I changed out the towels on Saturday morning, but the last things that I actually changed, like from one thing to another, was the color of the master bedroom. Well, I contributed to that change, anyway. I chose the colors, T did the actual painting.

6. Have you ever peeked at a present?
I did once, when I was probably 9 or 10. There was a stack of gifts in my Gram's bedroom and I looked, even though I knew I shouldn't. Ruined that whole Christmas for myself and never once considered doing it again.

7. What is your least favorite part of the morning?
The part where I have to leave for work. I am grateful I have a job, but I like having slow mornings at home.

8. Ocean or pool?
The ocean. But not for the beach or swimming. I prefer it at sunrise or sunset. And I want to take a slow walk. With my camera. And my guy.

9. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
Red Sox t-shirts. Yankee Candles. The tv show "Dallas."

10. Who was your high school celebrity crush?
Ohhh, Dylan McKay... because that was the closest I was ever getting to a bad boy.

11. Other than church, to whom did you make your last charitable contribution?
The One Fund for helping victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

12. What was the last thing you created?
In an artsy-craftsy way? A bunch of items for our wedding last September.

13. Do you attend church?
Yes.

14. What item do you always seem to forget when you're packing to travel?
My earbuds for my iPod.

15. How many email addresses do you use?
I use two regularly: my personal email and my work email. I have a third, but I haven't logged into my old Hotmail account in I don't even know how long now.

16. What kind of camera do you use?
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. And sometimes the cameras on my cell phone and iPod.

17. How old is the oldest pair of shoes you own?
Of the ones I actually wear on a regular basis, I believe my black heeled boots are about 8 or 9 years old (hooray for good quality, real leather shoes!), but I have a pair of strappy black heels that Michael picked out for me back when we were dating, and considering we broke up in early 2000 (or was it 1999?),  you do the math? They are beautiful shoes and very classic, which is great, because they might last forever at the rate I have the opportunity to wear them!

18. What was the last pill you took?
My multivitamin this morning.

19. Who was the last person to instant message you?
Pretty much no one messages me anymore! It was probably G or possibly my brother. Everyone else just texts.

20. Which board game was your favorite when you were a child?
I loved Clue, Monopoly and The Game of LIFE. Don't ask me to pick just one! I'd still play any one of them, if the opportunity was there.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP