Thursday, May 9, 2013

This is what happened when I went to visit friends after Christmas.

A long time ago (or a little over a year, whichever),  the space by the front door looked like this.


We don't wear shoes in the house--a rule we follow about 98% of the time--which meant a lot of sitting on the floor to put on shoes. "A bench would be nice here," I mused, as I climbed up off the floor yet again.

I commented here and there in April.

And in July.

And again in October.

(And probably about a hundred other times. You'd have to ask my husband for a true count.)

In late December, I went to California to visit Nichole and Daniel and to celebrate some more Christmas. While I was there, my husband was bored one day.

I returned to find this, designed and built to match the entertainment center:



Moral of the story: I leave for five days and come home to newly constructed furniture.

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:23:00 PM  

Girl! You got a keeper there! I know you already know that!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:28:00 PM  

Indeed, I do. It amazes me what he can do with a pile of boards.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:16:00 PM  

Be glad he likes woodworking! There are much worse hobbies to have, at least you get the fruit of his labors :) It's beautiful, enjoy!

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:40:00 PM  

Never a complaint from me, Stacy!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP