Saturday, February 12, 2011

Red Sox Retrospect 2010: Bring it!

Time to wrap it up. The 2010 season is officially in the books when the boys roll into Ft Myers. Truth be told, it seems like nearly half the team has found their way to the fort in advance of their mandatory report date. As if I'm not already crawling out of my skin for a baseball fix, just knowing that the boys are as hungry as I am pushes me right around the bend.

I am always excited for a new baseball season. I think the anticipation of the next season is even stronger when the one before it came with excessive challenges that ended in a degree of disappointment. I don't know if it's the new hope brought by a fresh slate or the curiosity to meet the new faces or just the glaring hole left in one's routine when the daily ritual of settling down to a game most evenings comes to a sudden halt. There's no way of knowing how this season will play out, if the positive projections will pan out or if we're heading down a road we all pretend, for the sake of sanity, isn't possible. It's that delicious unknown and all the promise of triumph that comes with the arrival of Spring Training.

What I *do* know is that I'm ready. It's time for 2011, Red Sox style.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP