Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: June 2010

A photo of me:


1) Candle scents this month:
Clean Cotton. Honeydew Melon. Pomegranate.

2) What I am reading this month:
Deep Drive: A Long Journey to Finding the Champion Within (Mike Lowell with Rob Bradford).

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"The World Is Ours Tonight," by Gloriana. "The House That Built Me," by Miranda Lambert. "I Need You Now," by Lady Antebellum.

4) Movies I saw:
S&TC2. Alice in Wonderland.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
I've pretty much just been watching baseball. I did watch the last three episodes of this past season of Private Practice. They were really good, but holy crap was the season finale sad.

6) Something yummy I made:
Wasabi and Panko Crusted Pork with Gingered Soy Sauce.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Friendly's. TGIFriday's. Ling's. Burger King.

8) Something I am thankful for:
The safe arrival of my very first nephew on June 4.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To blog more. I failed. Clearly.

10) This month I looked forward to:
My nephew being born. Spending some time with my Connecticut Girls. Finding out who Alison is growing (yay, baby girl!).

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
The long months, the ones that drag by & test our will, make the really great ones worth it. Good things aren't as good if we have nothing to contrast them with. That was pretty much the mantra that shoved me through the month of June.

12) A photo I took this month:

Her curls kill me. I would have put her in my pocket & brought her home with me if her mommy would have let me. ;-)

6 with their own thoughts:

Cass. Just Curious Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:43:00 PM  

Oooo I really like this post. I love the photo - the concentration is fantastic.
I hope you're enjoying a cool breeze somewhere even if it is from an AC vent.

Jeanne Tuesday, July 06, 2010 9:08:00 PM  

Love the pics! The Lady Antebellum song is my ringtone. I'm not a big country fan but really love that one. Cool that you guys have Friendly's down there. I remember being at a mall in Albany NY and there was this big long line to get in the Friendly's and I couldn't figure out why when they're everywhere. Then I realized they weren't 'everywhere' lol.

Carrie Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:42:00 PM  

I'll be honest, I came looking for All-Star game photos. ;)

Yay for new babies in the family. I bet he's already grown so much!

I love, love Yankee candles pomegranate, yum!

Adorable photo..those curls!

kreed Monday, July 19, 2010 2:07:00 AM  

Love both these pictures!

Heather Monday, July 19, 2010 9:10:00 AM  

be careful of what you wish for there are days she might take you up on that offer LOL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP