Friday, June 4, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: May 2010

Photo of me:


1) Candle scents this month:
Clean Cotton. Sweet Violet. Blue Hydrangea. Garden Sweetpea. Willow Breeze. Ocean Blossom. Sweet Honeysuckle. Drift Away. Midnight Jasmine. Lavender Fields. Blueberry Scone. Vanilla Cupcake. Buttercream.

2) What I am reading this month:
Not much of anything. I am perpetually behind on blogs & magazines, so I've been "decluttering" in those areas.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Love Like Crazy," Lee Brice. "My Wish," Rascal Flatts. "Falling Slowly," Lee Dewyze & Crystal Bowersox.

4) Movies I saw:
Sex & the City 2. Yes, the first one was better. But this one still made me laugh. A lot.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
"Running" (The Good Wife): Perfect season finale, perfect cliffhanger. "Point of View" (CSI: NY): Interesting twist on the old Hitchcock movie "Rear Window." "Vacation Getaway" (CSI: NY): All three CSI season finales were, but this one left me gasping & my heart racing! "The Staircase Implementation (The Big Bang Theory): Friends spoiled me with what may be the best flashback episodes of all time, so I was nervous about Big Bang Theory going down this road. I didn't need to be. I was *not* disappointed! "Team Braverman" and "Lost and Found" (Parenthood): The last two episodes of the season made me laugh. And cry. And impatiently wait for next season.

6) Something yummy I made:
Scallops with Mushrooms and Spinach.


7) Restaurants where I ate:
Biergarten (Germany pavilion, EPCOT). Bonefish Grill. Tropicana Field. Red Mesa. Longhorn Steak House. CineBistro.

8) Something i am thankful for:
The opportunity to grow up with strong family roots. My family is extensive, on my Dad's side, and most of my relatives put down their own roots very close to my hometown. I grew up right in the middle of many of them. There were at least a dozen relatives within walking distance of my grandparents' home. I knew each of them by name. One of these relatives--the wife of one of my Dad's numerous cousins--passed away on May 11. I have many wonderful memories of Laurel. She was one of my favorite relatives, always laughing & friendly & smiling. And while I am sad that those of us who remain here have had to say goodbye, I know that she is in a far better place now. I am thankful for having such a large family, for the chance to get to know so many of them, even if I haven't seen them in quite a while, and for all the wonderful memories I can call to mind.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To survive. I'm not kidding. I need a vacation badly. Running on fumes here.

10) This month I looked forward to:
The opening of S&TC2. And Sox-Rays with Brandi.

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
My life isn't always "boring." Sometimes it runs me ragged. It's then that I truly appreciate how it's usually uneventful.

12) A photo I took this month:

Mike Lowell (second from the left) talking the ear off of anyone who dared to stand next to him. After he finished in the dugout, he moved to the bullpen.

2 with their own thoughts:

Jeanne Monday, June 07, 2010 3:46:00 PM  

hehe Love the picture of you and your friend Dawn. Reminds me of Kim and I, opposite teams but still buds. Those scallops look amazing! Have to check that recipe out myself.

Janet Monday, June 07, 2010 5:50:00 PM  

I'm glad you're doing these again :-) It lets me keep up with you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP